Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Arinc429 error message

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silvaa109 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Arinc429 error message
    Posted: 23 May 2015 at 10:38am
I recently had my IFD 540 installed replacing a Garmin 430W. From that time on I have been receiving an Arinc 429 input #1 lost error. This input connects the 540 (previously 430W) and my Aspen EFD 1000 Pro. When I encountered this error I would wait for it to clear but when I doesn't I turn off the Aspen and restart it again which generally resolves the problem. My installer is working with Technical Support. To date, they have verified all of the installation settings and a error history file has been sent to Avidyne who in turn has forwarded to their engineers. That said it has been two going on three weeks and I still haven't heard anything back from them yet. Needless to say I'm reluctant to fly my aircraft in anything other than VFR weather. Has anyone experienced this problem?
Craig767 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craig767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2015 at 5:27pm
I get that message during shutdown. Have  separate  power switch for Aspen and usual turn that off first.
I am guessing but in what order do you turn on equipment? Is there a large delay after turning on 540 before Aspen is turned on? My start order is 540 then immediately turn Aspen on. By the time the 540 has initialized the Aspen is online and sending data to 540. Hope this helps.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic