Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Checklist

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gzinga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Checklist
    Posted: 07 Apr 2020 at 10:22pm
is there a way to load the checklist into the 440 from a flat file?
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2020 at 9:02am
No, sorry.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
afassas View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afassas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2020 at 9:52am
A follow up question about Checklists on the panel mount IFD and the IFD100.

Are Checklists created on the IFD100 supposed to sync up to the panel mounted IFD?

I decided that it would be easier to build a checklist on the IFD100 app and thought it would sync to the panel mounted IFD, so that it could be accessed on the panel mounted device and used there.  Apparently, the panel mounted IFD does update configurations to the IFD100; however, the new Checklist(s) on the IFD100 never show up on the panel mount IFD.  Nor do Checklists created on the panel mounted IFD show up on the IFD100 app.

A few observations:
1. The MK10 keyboard is an excellent tool for setting up Checklist(s) on the panel mounted IFD.
2. Having the Checklist(s) on the IFD100 is Uber handy, as then you can access your Checklist before your panel mounted IFD is fully booted up and past the self-test & data verification screens.
3. I cannot find a way to duplicate the "press and hold the bottom right IFD knob" to reset a checklist on the IFD100.  There is NO mention of the Checklist function in the Avidyne IFD100 Quick Reference Guide rev 01.  I have to resort to touching each checklist item to "uncheck" it.

My panel mounted device is an IFD540, with software 10.2.3.1.
Alex Fassas
Avidyne IFD-540
Lynx NGT-9000+
Aspen MAX PFD1000, MFD1000 & MFD500
Beech A36
KRGA
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2020 at 12:57pm
No they don't sync.  I'm sure we missed the press-n-hold on the knob in the IFD100.  I'll forward that report along to the team.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
260SE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 260SE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 2:12pm
So just to reconfirm what I think is now obvious - there is not a way to prepare a checklist at home and load it at the airport, correct?  

I did a search and saw some posts from 2015 where folks were using a PC IFD sim (prior to the IFD-100 maybe?) to create a checklist file at home and then upload it.
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 6:42pm
Originally posted by 260SE 260SE wrote:

So just to reconfirm what I think is now obvious - there is not a way to prepare a checklist at home and load it at the airport, correct?
Correct.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
priar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote priar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2020 at 4:52pm
Can you connect an external PC Keyboard to the USB port to type up the CheckList? Will IFD recognize the keyboard?
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2020 at 4:53pm
No, but you can use the bluetooth keyboard.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
priar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote priar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2020 at 1:52am
Thanks for your reply.
Any blue tooth capable keyboard or only Avidyne propitiatory
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2020 at 7:40am
The Avidyne keyboard
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic