Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Declutter traffic on map screen?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papadelta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Declutter traffic on map screen?
    Posted: 01 May 2022 at 1:35pm
I have an IFD540 with a Skytrax 100B providing traffic.  How do I disable the aircraft ID display next to the traffic symbols on the map?  As you can see, in busy airspace it renders the map display unusable.  For me, aircraft IDs are not typically useful information.

In addition, is it possible to disable the traffic display on the map completely?  I would prefer to display traffic on the iPad and use the navigator's screen for... navigation.  Having traffic in the list of declutter selections would be a big help.  EVEN BETTER, a dedicated menu option to display/hide traffic would be ideal, especially with the ability to assign this option to a soft key.

AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2022 at 9:12am
There's not currently a method to completely turn it off, but have you tried adjusting the "Non-TA Traffic" setting on the Map Setup page?  That setting will allow you to adjust the range above which the traffic is no longer displayed.

That setting will only affect Non-TA traffic.  TA will still show up regardless.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
AviLance View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviLance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2022 at 9:17am
Decluttering of the information related to the traffic targets at larger map ranges is scheduled for our 10.3.1 release.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic