Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Explain radar integration using short words

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Explain radar integration using short words
    Posted: 22 Feb 2022 at 10:59am
Suppose you had a twin that was capable of being fitted with radar but didn't already have one installed. What can the IFD540/550 do with the radar? In a thread from October 2021, I saw a note about integration with the Bendix RDS-81 where AviSteve said that some other radars are supported… no idea which, though. The product page says that only the RDR-2000 is supported

So two questions.

1. Is there a canonical public list somewhere of which specific radars are supported with the IFD?
  2. If I plug in a supported radar and buy the radar unlock, what does that allow me to do with the radar? I would expect to be able to control the radar in all modes, as I could with the OEM radar indicator, and see radar data overlaid or on a separate page. Yes? No?
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2022 at 8:51am
The list is in the install manual.
RDR-2000
RDR-2100
RDR-2060
RDS-8X (with 10.3)

The capabilities of the IFD with respect to RADAR are described in the Pilot's Guide (Map subsection - RADAR tab).
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
paulr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2022 at 8:53am
Thanks, Steve-- I didn't have a current-gen install manual so I thought it would be worth asking. Never even thought to look in the pilot's guide for the other half of the question, I'm ashamed to say.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic