Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Entegra Release 9 > Release 9 Insiders - Anyone can post
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Flight plan entry

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 77Mooney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Flight plan entry
    Posted: 05 May 2019 at 8:44am
While at KAQO and traveling to KCXO I received this clearance..........    AGJ185028 CWK V306 TNV ..... is there an easy way to put that in the 540?
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2019 at 9:05pm
There is no direct way to enter AGJ185028.  But, there are options.

1. Create a user waypoint using radial/distance format.  AGJ, 185°, 28nm.  Then enter the flight plan using that waypoint at the beginning.

2. Often, ATC will issue instructions like that when there is actually a waypoint defined at that location.  I've seen it often in SOCAL.  I didn't see one in your case, unless your clearance was actually AGJ185023 (i.e. 23nm vs 28nm).  If that was the case, then a waypoint SLIMM is defined at that point.  Of course, you would have to either know that or find it on an IFR enroute chart, but knowing that it happens is half the battle.

Edited by AviSteve - 05 May 2019 at 9:06pm
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
77Mooney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 77Mooney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2019 at 8:17am
That is what I thought I would have to do, but was hoping there might be an easier way. The clearance was definitely AGJ185028 and yes I looked and the closest thing in the data base to use was actually the airport BMQ. .....  Thank you for the response because I did not know the format for entering that into a waypoint. That will help me out in the future.
Thanks
Jack
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic