Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD100 Mobile App
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ADS-B services on IFD 100 via WiFi

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ADS-B services on IFD 100 via WiFi
    Posted: 11 May 2023 at 9:23pm
I’m trying to use the IFD100 to talk to an IFD440 running 10.1.3.2 in my cockpit. It seems to work fine, with flight plans syncing and position properly shown. 

I have turned on “WIFI ADS-B Support” in the IFD100 app settings. 

I have successfully joined both the IFD 440 and the iPad to the Stratus 3 WiFi network. 

ForeFlight displays both traffic and weather from the Stratus, so the network connectivity is fine, and the ADS-B information is present.

The IFD 440, as a WiFi client of the Stratus, displays both ADS-B traffic and weather. 

I don’t however see either ADS-B traffic or weather on the IFD 100.

Any ideas on how to debug this? I thought I’d try connecting to the IFD trainer 10.3, but it doesn’t appear to support remote ADS-B networking, just the IFD based hotspot, which makes sense since it cannot adjust the iPad’s SSID on its own.

Randy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2024 at 2:36pm
I know this post is over a year old, but was curious as to if you ever got an answer, or figured out how or if weather and traffic can be displayed on the ifd100...
Regards,
Regards,
Randy
Melohn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2024 at 9:40pm
My primary problem in initially setting this up was the #-&%@ ForeFlight app repeatedly switching the Stratus 3 I was connected to back into “ForeFlight mode”, which causes it to no longer send ADS-B to either the IFD in the panel or the IFD 100 app. It turns out ANY ForeFlight app in the cockpit will do this, so sometimes it was my co-Pilot who innocently fired up ForeFlight, only to let it change the Stratus configuration.

It’s very disappointing that years later, ForeFlight still refuses to acknowledge this as a bug, let alone fix it.

When I got my second IFD 440 installed, I was able to hardwire it to my ADS-B In source, and the problem completely disappeared. 
Randy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2024 at 9:55pm
Yes, I heard about the "foreflight issue".  I don't use it, so I can rule that out.
(Also, I don't use "co-pilots", just on general principals...nasty little buggers...)
I know hardwiring  to a Ranger, or Skytrax, or MLB, whatever its called now, does away with the issue, but I don't have those either.
I can get traffic and wx on the ifd440 from my stratus, but as of yet, the ifd100 will not show traffic or wx.  It does allow all other items, freq transfers, fuel totals, etc... just none of the other stuff.
I have been using AvareX, and it does what the ifd doesnt, so...... 
Thanks for your reply.
Regards,
Randy
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic