Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

IFD Software Release 10.2.0.0

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 15>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
dmtidler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmtidler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 9:47am
Thanks for the update!
tony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 9:51am
Thank you Simpson!!!
ddgates View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddgates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 10:12am
That is good news.
David Gates
PeterC View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeterC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 10:19am
Thanks Simpson! Great news.
Peter - 1977 Cardinal RG C-FJPC - IFD550/540/240/322/605A/Skytrax100, Aspen MAX 2000, Trio A/P
OliverBucher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OliverBucher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 10:26am
Thank you very mutch for this good update :-)
Oliver Bucher
Plane: DA40-180
ansond View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ansond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 10:40am
Thanks so much for the update!  Exciting to hear!  Can't wait!

Doug
AzAv8r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AzAv8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 11:12am
Simpson,

Thanks for the update.  That is awesome news. 

I think most of us understand that there is a lot of uncertainty in random variables beyond your control:  weather, FAA priorities, and whatever side of the bed the FAA representative got up on today.   Occasionally feeding those of us who wait in great anticipation a fragment of factual information allows us to exclude from consideration random variables such as "maybe they decided to abandon us?".

Jon
AviSimpson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by AzAv8r AzAv8r wrote:

Simpson,

Thanks for the update.  That is awesome news. 

I think most of us understand that there is a lot of uncertainty in random variables beyond your control:  weather, FAA priorities, and whatever side of the bed the FAA representative got up on today.   Occasionally feeding those of us who wait in great anticipation a fragment of factual information allows us to exclude from consideration random variables such as "maybe they decided to abandon us?".

Jon
Totally agree and that's on me.
Simpson Bennett
Avidyne Corporation
Product Manager
tomd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 1:29pm
Thanks for the update!  Looking forward to playing with 10.2
Bonanza F33a
gherb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gherb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 6:18pm
Will owners of registered IFD540's be notified when 10.2 is released, or should we keep checking back here? I am excited to upgrade the very first day.

Likewise, I did the 10.0.1 and 10.0.2 upgrades myself. Not sure if it has been answered, but can I do the same with this upgrade or does a shop need to do it? (I have constant power supply in my hangar for lengthy upgrades.}

Thanks,
Gerald

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AviSimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2017 at 8:47am
If you are signed up to receive our eBulletins, http://www.avidyne.com/contact/insider.html, you will be notified by email when 10.2 is approved. We will also let our dealers know as well.

If you have signoff authority for something like this for your aircraft then you can do it. We highly recommend that an Avidyne approved dealer does the upgrade. It is a free update and there is a provision to cover labor under warranty for the time it takes to do the update. 
Simpson Bennett
Avidyne Corporation
Product Manager
compasst View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote compasst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2017 at 10:03am
Was there the same warranty provision for 10.1.3 update? My dealer charged me $ for that update and signing of Avidyne paperwork to maintain my warranty.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2017 at 9:42am
Yes, as long as the work was done by an Avidyne approved dealer and you are currently covered by the warranty. We covered the labor for all our updates so far.
Simpson Bennett
Avidyne Corporation
Product Manager
Jrlumpp View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jrlumpp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2017 at 9:01pm
I might have missed it , but as I understand it , the upgrade for the new software is free but the authorized dealer can charge the customer for the upgrade?
Old Bob Siegfried View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old Bob Siegfried Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2017 at 10:53pm
My recollection is that Avidyne pays the dealer a set amount for doing the upgrade. There is certainly nothing that stops the dealer from charging the customer an amount in addition to what Avidyne pays the dealer for doing the upgrade. 

Let the buyer beware!

Happy Skies,

Old Bob
Old Bob
khuffine View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khuffine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2017 at 11:07pm
Thanks. I am rubbing my lucky diode.
Khuffine
Gring View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gring Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2017 at 10:20am
Don't forget that 10.2 is a massive functional update and not primarily a bug fix release.  I am thankful that Avidyne is providing this for free and in some cases, providing warranty reimbursement for the labor.

Good on them.
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2017 at 10:25pm
Gring, Agree totally.  It is a great gesture to cover the installation by an authorized dealer.
ansond View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ansond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2017 at 12:45am
Agree... 

Any news/updates on when it might go live?  AviSimpson was mentioning something about more flight testing?  

Doug

LANCE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LANCE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2017 at 10:56am
If it's still in flight testing it's probably still a ways out.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote AviSimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2017 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by LANCE LANCE wrote:

If it's still in flight testing it's probably still a ways out.
We've been out of major flight testing for a while. Our recent flights were with the FAA designated pilot. Waiting on some reports from that and responses on other items we have submitted. Hope to have some answers and a more accurate idea of when we can expect an overall approval soon.
Simpson Bennett
Avidyne Corporation
Product Manager
Mooneyfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mooneyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2017 at 7:23am
I noticed yesterday that Jeppesen updated their charts download software (Jeppesen Distribution Manager) in order to deal with the IFD 10.2 software, and the VFR charts :-)

Edited by Mooneyfan - 31 Jan 2017 at 7:34am
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2017 at 9:09am
Originally posted by Mooneyfan Mooneyfan wrote:

... to deal with the IFD 10.2 software, and the VFR charts :-)

VFR charts?

* Orest

MysticCobra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MysticCobra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2017 at 9:14am
Originally posted by Mooneyfan Mooneyfan wrote:

I noticed yesterday that Jeppesen updated their charts download software (Jeppesen Distribution Manager) in order to deal with the IFD 10.2 software, and the VFR charts :-)
Yes, this version of JDM has been rolling out to users since mid-December, as mentioned earlier in this thread:  http://www.avidynelive.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1025&KW=jdm&PID=14049&title=ifd-software-release-10200#14049

Edited by MysticCobra - 31 Jan 2017 at 9:15am
chflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2017 at 12:07pm
Yes, Orest. In Europe Jepp has a VFR subscription in addition to the various IFR coverages. The VFR subscription contains Visual Approach Charts (VAC). See the example below.

The bad news is that the IFR and VFR/VAC charts cannot both be loaded into the IFD at the same time. A bit silly, since one could often be doing one leg VFR and the next IFR. Or more common here in Europe would be to depart a non-IFR airport using the VFR chart and then join IFR at an intersection (Z flight plan). Or vice versa.

Edited by chflyer - 31 Jan 2017 at 12:10pm
Vince
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2017 at 2:16pm
Ah, got it. Thanks.

* Orest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2017 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by chflyer chflyer wrote:

Yes, Orest. In Europe Jepp has a VFR subscription in addition to the various IFR coverages. The VFR subscription contains Visual Approach Charts (VAC). See the example below.

The bad news is that the IFR and VFR/VAC charts cannot both be loaded into the IFD at the same time. A bit silly, since one could often be doing one leg VFR and the next IFR. Or more common here in Europe would be to depart a non-IFR airport using the VFR chart and then join IFR at an intersection (Z flight plan). Or vice versa.

European VFR charts are introduced in 10.2, there will be no limitation that restricts having both VFR and IFR procedures available for viewing for a particular airport.
Simpson Bennett
Avidyne Corporation
Product Manager
chflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2017 at 4:35pm
Yes, they started me on a VFR chart subscription back in August before they realised that it was premature and was only available under 10.2. I received a couple revisions of the VFR chart file before they stopped delivering them.

But the VFR charts were a separate file at that time than the IFR charts, and I have it in writing from Jeppesen that both VFR and IFR chart files can't be installed at the same time. That is, if I install the VFR chart file the IFR chart file will be replaced and vice versa. Just like installing a new navdata revision replaces the previous one and 2 navdata revisions can't be loaded in the IFD at the same time.

Or can you confirm Simpson that the VFR and IFR charts are now combined into a single chart file (with 10.2 of course)?

Edited by chflyer - 31 Jan 2017 at 4:37pm
Vince
jhbehrens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhbehrens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2017 at 6:06pm
I suspect the issue isn't that the IFD can't load and display both sets of charts, but that Jeppesen's account department cannot manage to set it up correctly in your account. At least that is what I have experienced in Garmin Pilot, which is also based on an MFD subscription where it can also be done but Jepp hasn't been able to set it up even after 10 attempts. They are clueless. Because this issue only appears in Europe no one who actually knows what they are doing ever looks at it.
Kentucky Captain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kentucky Captain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2017 at 10:58am
The latest versions of the JDM software are 3.12 for the MAC, released in September of 2016 and 3.4.147 for PC, released on October 2016.  In the release notes for the PC version it mentions that it has been optimized for 10.2 while the MAC version does not mention 10.2 at all.  I talked to Jeppesen yesterday about that and they said that the PC version does indeed support 10.2 but the MAC version does not.  They said they have no release information on 10.2 and that the MAC version may not support it initially.  Fortunately, I can go either way but I'm sure that there may be some that can't.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2017 at 3:16pm

Yes, they started me on a VFR chart subscription back in August before they realised that it was premature and was only available under 10.2. I received a couple revisions of the VFR chart file before they stopped delivering them.

But the VFR charts were a separate file at that time than the IFR charts, and I have it in writing from Jeppesen that both VFR and IFR chart files can't be installed at the same time. That is, if I install the VFR chart file the IFR chart file will be replaced and vice versa. Just like installing a new navdata revision replaces the previous one and 2 navdata revisions can't be loaded in the IFD at the same time.

Or can you confirm Simpson that the VFR and IFR charts are now combined into a single chart file (with 10.2 of course)?

Waiting on a triple check of my source but it is included in the single chart file. Waiting on absolute confirmation.
Simpson Bennett
Avidyne Corporation
Product Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2017 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by Kentucky Captain Kentucky Captain wrote:

The latest versions of the JDM software are 3.12 for the MAC, released in September of 2016 and 3.4.147 for PC, released on October 2016.  In the release notes for the PC version it mentions that it has been optimized for 10.2 while the MAC version does not mention 10.2 at all.  I talked to Jeppesen yesterday about that and they said that the PC version does indeed support 10.2 but the MAC version does not.  They said they have no release information on 10.2 and that the MAC version may not support it initially.  Fortunately, I can go either way but I'm sure that there may be some that can't.
The MAC version is in Beta, our understanding is that it will be available when 10.2 is out.
Simpson Bennett
Avidyne Corporation
Product Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2017 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by AviSimpson AviSimpson wrote:

Waiting on a triple check of my source but it is included in the single chart file. Waiting on absolute confirmation.
It is our understanding that a single chart subscription *can* contain both IFR and VFR charts.  We double checked with Jeppesen today and they confirmed that understanding.  As you said, those charts will not be available from Jeppesen until 10.2.  I suspect the confusion arose because they were inadvertently made available prematurely and the not everyone had been briefed on the subject.
Simpson Bennett
Avidyne Corporation
Product Manager
chflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2017 at 5:47pm
Thanks for that Simpson.

I currently have both IFR and VFR charts in my Jepp (Mobile FD) subscription and they are merged all together on the ipad. At the moment only the IFR charts are in the chart file provided for the IFD, so I'll be keen to see what happens on JDM once 10.2 is released... i.e. if the VFR charts then appear in the chart file each month along with the IFR ones.

I'll report back here once the time comes.

That does raise the question though about how JDM knows if the IFD is running 10.2 or a previous release, if the data files (navdata and charts) are different.
Vince
MysticCobra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MysticCobra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2017 at 10:32pm

I suspect the confusion arose because they were inadvertently made available prematurely and the not everyone had been briefed on the subject.
What?  Confusion and disorganization at Jeppesen?!?  Shocking!!

Edited by MysticCobra - 01 Feb 2017 at 10:33pm
Mooneyfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mooneyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2017 at 4:54am
From Jeppesen website:

What's New
The latest release of JDM introduces the following new features and bug fixes:
• Support for Avidyne new NavData format
• Improvements to the JDM installation package
• New Quick Links
• Fix for Rockwell Collins Trip Kit issue
• User Interface changes
• Fix for multiple “Downloading services” messages
Support for Avidyne new NavData format
A new format of NavData will be required to run on Avidyne IFD 540/440 avionics that have been upgraded with the 10.2 software. The new format does not affect the Entegra 9 avionics. Avidyne customers must be using JDM version 3.4.1.147 in order to receive the new NavData format.
chflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2017 at 9:26am
Raises a question about whether the new navdata format will be accepted on pre-10.2 systems. I would expect so, since there doesn't seem to be anything in the new JDM to specify IFD software release. The above implies that Jepp will automatically supply the new format (under the new JDM) once 10.2 is released (or is already supplying the new format).

Otherwise, I sure hope that Jepp doesn't assume that pre-10.2 users won't upgrade to the new JDM to ensure that they continue to get the old format.

How will it all work out? I don't know, it's a mystery (to quote Shakespeare in Love).

Edited by chflyer - 08 Feb 2017 at 9:27am
Vince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2017 at 9:38am

Raises a question about whether the new navdata format will be accepted on pre-10.2 systems. I would expect so, since there doesn't seem to be anything in the new JDM to specify IFD software release. The above implies that Jepp will automatically supply the new format (under the new JDM) once 10.2 is released (or is already supplying the new format).

Otherwise, I sure hope that Jepp doesn't assume that pre-10.2 users won't upgrade to the new JDM to ensure that they continue to get the old format.

How will it all work out? I don't know, it's a mystery (to quote Shakespeare in Love).

The data being delivered by the newest JDM will work for all versions of IFD software, up to and including 10.2.  However, if you upgrade your IFD software to 10.2, you must also upgrade to the latest JDM.
Simpson Bennett
Avidyne Corporation
Product Manager
chflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2017 at 9:45am
Thanks for the quick clarification Simpson.
Vince
nrproces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nrproces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2017 at 9:49am
With that in mind, what about this problem for those of us with MAC's?

Which services are available for download in Jeppesen Distribution Manager (JDM)?

The majority of data services for avionics systemsare available with the following exceptions:

JDM for Windows
All services are available.

JDM for Mac OS X
The following services are not available:

• Avidyne IFD440/540 with software version 10.2 or later
  • Garmin GNS480
  • Garmin CNX80
  • Garmin GX50/60
  • Garmin G1000/G1000H/G900X/G950 with software version 15.10 or later
  • Garmin G2000/G3000/G5000 with software version 6.50 or later
  • Garmin GTN 600/700 with software version 6.20 or later
  • Garmin G500/500H/600 with software version 7.10 or later
  • Garmin MX20
  • FreeFlight Approach+
  • Trimble TNL
  • Rockwell Collins Pro Line Fusion
  • Rockwell Collins Pro Line 21
  • Thales
  • Universal Avionics
Sauce

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2017 at 11:49am

JDM for Mac that supports 10.2 IFD software is currently in beta testing by Jeppesen.  If 10.2 is available before their beta testing is complete, they will allow customers to use the beta version in the interim.  We've tested it here, it works just fine.

Simpson Bennett
Avidyne Corporation
Product Manager
chflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2017 at 11:51am
I think Simpson indicated that the Mac version will be available when 10.2 is released....

It's a bit off-topic, but Jepp has always been behind with Mac support. Even today there is still no Mac support for JeppView after what must be 10-15 years, and likely will never be with the focus now on tablets.

Edit: Sorry Simpson, you beat me to it.

Edited by chflyer - 08 Feb 2017 at 11:52am
Vince
nrproces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nrproces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2017 at 11:53am
Thanks, appreciate the "know"
Sauce
pchetham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pchetham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 9:58am

Sorry for the delay in posting an update, I was hoping to post an "all done and ready to go" post but we can't (as AviJake would say) "spike the ball" just yet. With the holidays and a recent personal vacation, I wasn't able to get a post out sooner to you all so I apologize.

We are very very very close to FAA approval. With a release this big, there are many steps and submissions that needed to be made. It's too close to call for an approval date right now, we have our final flights with the FAA test pilot. We are at the stage were a bad weather day could push the expected date and unfortunately, we are in the season of frequent bad weather.

It has been nearly a month since Simpson posted his response above. Is there any more good news about the release of 10.2? It is a major update and I understand how difficult it has been to get it through the approval process (in conjunction with the IFD550 approval).

Paul
PMC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 3:32pm
Those flights went well. We are at the point that we are waiting for a response the FAA on a big ticket item and we hope to have that next week. I will post an update once I have more information.
Simpson Bennett
Avidyne Corporation
Product Manager
Gary L View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 3:33pm
I bought my 440 in Sept with assurances 10.2 would be out at month end or October at the latest. I lost my ADS-B out in the bargain (have a Garmin 330ES). Ok fine I'll cope for a month.
Well, the slope of my aviation frustration curve is climbing ever more steeply and the slope of my aviation participation curve is diving. They are soon to intersect. Wanna buy a Cardinal RG?
Thinwing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thinwing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 6:12pm
You want to sell your Cardinal because you don't currently have adsB that none of the controllers I have spoken with in the LA area say they don't have the equipment yet to use it?Is it because you are no longer pinging ground based adsB in stations?Seems kinda drastic Gary ,though I share your frustration..
Gary L View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 6:30pm
ADS-B has served me well here in the Southeast, even getting me IFR handling when radar outages made it "difficult" (no services below 12,000) for non equipped A/C.
Ya, it is just another brick in the wall and I'm getting tired of it. Been flying since 1976 so not an impatient pup.
Thinwing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thinwing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 7:41pm
1976...huh..me too ,but if you are through you are through...regardless your tspd is currently defaulted to mode s...same as mine awaiting Garmin adsB+ protocol contained in 10.2 ...atc doesn't at this time know or care the difference..
Gary L View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 8:48pm
Understand, but I was connected to a GNS430W with it until last September and that was ADS-B compliant.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 15>
  Share Topic