Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

IFD Software Release 10.2.0.0

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 131415
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by ac11 ac11 wrote:

Hi GMSutton,

I was one of those units. This is what they mean by bricking. Right now, only the factory can fix the issue....

Well, speak of the devil. Avidyne now reportedly has a field procedure that will unbrick the odd unit that has a problem updating to 10.2. You need unique, but largely unpredictable combinations of hardware mods for this to happen. 

IAC, this is information from Christine, the Master Guru at Avidyne, seems like good news all around. It just means booting with a specific file on an inserted USB stick.

* Orest

Edited by oskrypuch - 23 May 2017 at 12:33am
Kentwkalb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kentwkalb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 12:18am
Good news Orest! Have my 10.2 upgrade scheduled June 2. Shop quoted 2 hours for install time charges, only labor.
Thinwing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thinwing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2017 at 4:14pm
Attention I have just become aware of a serious software compatibility with 10.2 and Garmin g500I recommend not installing 10.2 if you have g500 !I am currently attempting to find out about removing 10.2 from my Avadynes to restore g500 ahrs function..thinning
AviSimpson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2017 at 4:36pm
We are investigating this as well at the moment. We are narrowing down what software levels of the G500 and the IFD 10.2 cause this issue. We will have further/official guidance on this shortly.

Rolling the IFD release back to 10.1.3 will not solve the issue. This was one of the first troubleshooting steps we took. This appears to relate to the software level of the G500 and how it interacts with the IFD.
Simpson Bennett
Avidyne Corporation
Product Manager
OliverBucher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OliverBucher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2017 at 4:58pm
Hello AviSimson,
please have a look at the topic "new-540-install-issues"
I have also problems with the G500 SW 7.12 and a IFD540/440 combo with 10.2.
Also I have problems with the GPS Positioning when flying circles.
I now also a guy with a PA28R with the same problems. When I training Steep Turms for the IR- Rating with my students, this is a common issue, cause you must learn 45' bank turns.
Greetings
Oliver
Oliver Bucher
Plane: DA40-180

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2017 at 5:03pm
Thank you for reporting it. Did you make our Tech Support team aware as well. That is key for issues like this and allows us to faster identify trends in issues.
Simpson Bennett
Avidyne Corporation
Product Manager
OliverBucher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OliverBucher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2017 at 5:16pm
My installer Flugzeugwerft Möller in Bonn-Hangelar has send your Support the log-files. They said that everything is OK, and the wings will shadow the GPS antennas.
But on a DA40 are the antennas on the roof, and it's a low wing plane. Therefore I can't believe this. A DA40 is also a GFK (Glas Fibre) plane (no Metall or carbon fibre)
We don't talk with the support about the G500 issues, cause we taught it was a calibration problem or internal G500 AHARS problem.
I can sent you also the log files and a video via Dropbox.

Greetings Oliver
Oliver Bucher
Plane: DA40-180
chflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2017 at 10:40am
Any news about when 10.2.1.0 (or 10.2.0.1?) will be available to fix the issues with wpts and routes disappearing? Waiting on that before upgrading to 10.2.

I'm on the email list for such announcements, but haven't received anything yet.

Vince
MysticCobra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MysticCobra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2017 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by chflyer chflyer wrote:

Waiting on that before upgrading to 10.2.
Me, too.  My avionics shop is not easy to get to (or to get an appointment with), so while I'd like to get the benefits of 10.2, I'm reluctant to do it knowing there's another update coming "soon".
ddgates View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddgates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2017 at 3:24pm
Just a guess and I'm sure that Simpson will address this.

I would personally suspect that 10.2 is such a big (and for some maybe perilous) effort, if/when 10.2.1 comes out, you might have to get to 10.2 first.

Just a guess.
David Gates
chflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2017 at 4:45pm
Perhaps, but in any case, I won't install 10.2 as long as it loses wpts & routes. If a 2-step upgrade is needed, so be it.

Edited by chflyer - 09 Jul 2017 at 4:46pm
Vince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2017 at 5:11pm
Yes, you will have to update to 10.2 before you update to the next release. You could do a 10.2 and then a 10.2.1 or 10.3 update in the same dealer visit if that's what the user prefers.

With that said, there will be a 10.2.1, which is already being worked on. I won't speculate timeframe at the moment. It will be predominately a bug fix release with many of the issues mentioned on the forum and the field reports addressed.

Edited by AviSimpson - 11 Jul 2017 at 5:12pm
Simpson Bennett
Avidyne Corporation
Product Manager
ugusko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ugusko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 2:27am
Originally posted by AviJake AviJake wrote:

Originally posted by AviJake AviJake wrote:

2.   .   2. Added support for European VFR Visual Approach, Landing and Area Charts – this is a new chart option in the chart list for those customers who have elected to add that capability to their Jepp subscription.

A couple question related to this point in the list ... 

1) These VFR charts contain many VRP's (Visual Reporting Points, nearly 700 in Italy alone), which up to now have not been in the Jepp navdata and therefore couldn't be added to flight plans. Does this mean that the Jepp navdata will also now include them? I expect that the answer here is NO, but hoping for a YES.

2) Are these charts supported and can they be loaded into the IFD concurrently with the existing, IFR charts? I expect that the answer here is YES.

1.  I don't think so but let me double check with Jepp.
2.  Yes.

Can you please explain how it works to get the VRP into IFR Data ? 

chflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 6:55am
The Jepp-delivered IFD navdata (IFR or VFR subscriptions) doesn't include the VRP's, and I don't expect this to change.

If you want the VRP's available on the IFD, then you need to add them manually as user waypoints, per the IFD user guide. 

One of the challenges (for Jepp & us) is that there is no standard naming convention for these VRP's, and each country seems to take its own approach. Many are simply N, S, E, W, N1, N2, etc or the long name November, Sierra, Echo, Whiskey, Bravo, Delta, Oscar, etc. That is of course not unique, so you need to make up your own naming convention. I use the last 2 letters of the airfield ICAO code followed by the VRP name. E.g. NYO for Friedrichshafen (EDNY) Oscar. I have 100's of these now and have not yet had a conflict..... fingers crossed.

Some countries have long (geographic) names for VRP's, such as JURAGIAI for Kaunas EYKS in Luthuania or VISSENBJERG for Odense EKOD in Denmark. In that case, you just need to be inventive. For these situations where the method above doesn't work, I just shorten the name to 5 characters which is in line with the IFR waypoint naming convention. Some countries already use the IFR WPT convention, which makes the USER WPT creation very easy. It would be nice if all countries used this approach, but ... :-(

I wouldn't create any more new USER WPT than really needed ... i.e. for the next flight. Once created, they are available for future use. But the problem is that Avidyne doesn't provide any way to transfer these across to new software versions, so they all need to be re-entered by hand (such as 10.1 to 10.2).

The best hope for the future is perhaps that ForeFlight will be able to sync USER WPT with the IFD as well as flight plans. You can maintain USER WPT in FF quite easily with a CSV file. That would solve the issue of maintaining them in the IFD across software version changes. I've made this request to FF, so we'll see what happens.

Vince
ugusko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ugusko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 3:08am
Hi Vince,

thanks for your detailed reply. 

I found a Document from 04.11.2011 ( http://ww1.jeppesen.com/documents/aviation/notices-alerts/navdata/VFR_Reporting_Points.pdf ) where Jeppesen declares that is possible to get the VFR Reporting Points within the Navdata (just declared as "Enroute Waypoints")

Uwe

Edited by ugusko - 11 Aug 2017 at 3:09am
chflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 4:39am
Indeed, and since Jepp indicates:

"NavData Notices are intended for Jeppesen's Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) Customers only. End Users of the data may contact their Avionics Providers with questions on the availability of data in their specific units."

we should certainly ask Avidyne if/when they plan to ask Jeppesen to supply these as part of the navdata.

There are 2 IFD navdata subs for Europe, IFR and VFR. Jepp provided me with a one-off VFR navdata cycle a year ago to evaluate and it just seemed to be IFR navdata without the IFR stuff - approaches, departures, etc. I couldn't find the VFR WP which is what I was actually expecting to see.... but I didn't spend hours looking for them. They ARE present in the JV mobileFD Central Europe VFR coverage today.

Simpson,

Does Avidyne plan to request Jepp to include the VFR WP in the IFD navdata per the quote above? I would expect these to also be in the Central Europe IFR navdata, since a) IFR pilots also fly VFR and b) there is much more use of Y/Z flight plans in Europe with VFR departures or arrivals associated with an otherwise IFR flight.

Edited by chflyer - 11 Aug 2017 at 5:31am
Vince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 4:35pm

VFR Waypoints (a.k.a VRPs) have been in the navigation database since 10.2 was released.  Unfortunately, there is no reasonable way for the user to know what the identifiers of those waypoints are.  That's because they tend to have identifiers that bear no resemblance to the names you might see on a chart.  For instance, the waypoint JURAGIAI from you original post that was referenced at EYKS is in the database with an identifier of "VP006".  In a future release, however, we plan to introduce a map layer that will show VRPs.  At that point, you'll be able to easily make the correlation between the database identifier and the common name that you're used to.

In the meantime, however, we have an Excel workbook (saved as a PDF and titled "VFR Waypoints") that you can use to make the correlation.  That workbook is posted on the Avidyne website in the IFD download section, http://www.avidyne.com/support/downloads.asp?prod=ifd, We've also posted a KML file there as well.  If you import the KML file into Google Earth, you can zoom in on an airport and quickly see the VRPs in the vicinity.

Edited by AviSimpson - 15 Aug 2017 at 4:59pm
Simpson Bennett
Avidyne Corporation
Product Manager
AzAv8r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AzAv8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 10:57pm
Thanks. 

I'd found the VRPs that I entered into the IFD were included in the database and I did not need the cheat-sheet.  It appears from the file that this is common, at least in the US.

Since the file is a PDF, I'd suggest you repeat the column headers on each page.

(note to other users:  the PDF is very close to the top of the long list of files available at the above link.  But the KML file is almost at the bottom.)
nrproces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nrproces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2017 at 1:59pm

Just finished our 10.2 upgrade on Thursday, only a minor hiccup or two, that had to do with confusing directions, from the install manual.

The folks in tech support were able to calmly walk us through those issues. We started our upgrade at about 1330 MDT and finished around 1700 MDT. The tech support folks were able to help, even after business hours.

This was the first upgrade that Aerotronics had done, and they were a little leery, especially with all the 1,200 ( $ ) issues that were discussed. They offered to do the upgrade if I sat there and watched the 540 for the entire procedure, I went along with that request, as I have the FLY Q system and wanted to integrate the two operations.

When we were finished with the upgrade, I decided to purchase and install two G5's in October to complement the Aspen 1500 series and remove the vacuum systems for weight savings. I am very happy with my systems.

I was hopeful for the complete system including servos for the DFC90, but it appears that I will put the new Trio 2 A/P in instead, so I just paid them, this morning.

Thanks Avidyne for a great product, I love it.

Edited by nrproces - 19 Aug 2017 at 2:05pm
Sauce
Warrenwhis View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warrenwhis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 10:15pm
I bought an ART2000 based on the Avidyne pitch for the IFD540. Now I see a reference to a cost of several thousand dollars for this option! What's the deal?
chflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 2:25am
Originally posted by AviSimpson AviSimpson wrote:

VFR Waypoints (a.k.a VRPs) have been in the navigation database since 10.2 was released.  Unfortunately, there is no reasonable way for the user to know what the identifiers of those waypoints are.  That's because they tend to have identifiers that bear no resemblance to the names you might see on a chart.  For instance, the waypoint JURAGIAI from you original post that was referenced at EYKS is in the database with an identifier of "VP006".  In a future release, however, we plan to introduce a map layer that will show VRPs.  At that point, you'll be able to easily make the correlation between the database identifier and the common name that you're used to.

In the meantime, however, we have an Excel workbook (saved as a PDF and titled "VFR Waypoints") that you can use to make the correlation.  That workbook is posted on the Avidyne website in the IFD download section, http://www.avidyne.com/support/downloads.asp?prod=ifd, We've also posted a KML file there as well.  If you import the KML file into Google Earth, you can zoom in on an airport and quickly see the VRPs in the vicinity.

Hi Simpson,
Have these workbooks been removed since you wrote this in August? Or is there something I'm missing? I don't see either file on the linked page. There are Brochures & Guides, Certification Documents, Installation Manual, Pilot's Guides, Service Information Letters, and Type 2 LOA Status. I don't see the files in any of those sections.

Edited by chflyer - 14 Sep 2017 at 2:26am
Vince
LANCE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LANCE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 10:10am
Originally posted by Warrenwhis Warrenwhis wrote:

I bought an ART2000 based on the Avidyne pitch for the IFD540. Now I see a reference to a cost of several thousand dollars for this option! What's the deal?

No one ever said that Radar enablement, 16 Watt Com enablement, Video Input enablement, etc. were free. The second post on this thread said that some of the things available in 10.2.0.0 would have a cost associated with them.

Garmin also charges $3995.00 for this when radar is enabled on a Garmin GTN750

Edited by LANCE - 14 Sep 2017 at 4:52pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 1:41pm

Hi Simpson,
Have these workbooks been removed since you wrote this in August? Or is there something I'm missing? I don't see either file on the linked page. There are Brochures & Guides, Certification Documents, Installation Manual, Pilot's Guides, Service Information Letters, and Type 2 LOA Status. I don't see the files in any of those sections.

I am looking into this, we have had some recent website issues that should have been cleared up.
Simpson Bennett
Avidyne Corporation
Product Manager
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warrenwhis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2017 at 2:31pm
Neither was it advertised that it would cost $3500 for the radar card. The 16 watt comm upgrade was advertised as costing 5k. You could argue Avidyne could charge whatever they wanted for all the other interfaces they list, specifically:satellite datalink, traffic,adsb,terrain,lightning,video,radar & 406 elt. Now, Mr. no one said it was free, can you tell me which ones cost extra? Thats the only point Im making. It has been very hard to discover the extra cost of adding a Bendix 2000 radar. I can now report I pd $3500 for the card necessary for the upgrade. I just ask for info on this site, please refrain from being a smartass in replies.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warrenwhis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2017 at 2:42pm
Ive had to spend a lot of time on this subject for answers. Here is what I have learned. The only radar that will display on the IFD540 is the Bendix ART 2000. This is the dish transceiver portion of the Bendix RDR2000. Normally the other part of this system is the indicator, an RDS81 or 82. the cost of the card to upgrade the IFD540 is $3500. Almost any radar will display on the Avidyne EX500 or 600. Other capable MFDs are the MX20, KMDs and older Avidyne Flightmax units. Most all need the appropriate card to interface with a radar.
LANCE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LANCE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2017 at 12:09am
Originally posted by Warrenwhis Warrenwhis wrote:

Neither was it advertised that it would cost $3500 for the radar card. The 16 watt comm upgrade was advertised as costing 5k. You could argue Avidyne could charge whatever they wanted for all the other interfaces they list, specifically:satellite datalink, traffic,adsb,terrain,lightning,video,radar & 406 elt. Now, Mr. no one said it was free, can you tell me which ones cost extra? Thats the only point Im making. It has been very hard to discover the extra cost of adding a Bendix 2000 radar. I can now report I pd $3500 for the card necessary for the upgrade. I just ask for info on this site, please refrain from being a smartass in replies.

Sounds like you got a great deal - the retail is $3999.

Edited by LANCE - 17 Sep 2017 at 12:11am
chflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 2:51pm
Orest,

My condolences to you and all the rest of us waiting for this.

Per a post on the BeechTalk forum over the weekend, it would appear that Garmin is reading this feature request thread and has unfortunately taken up your request for the Boeing Banana and implemented it on the G1000, beating Avidyne to the draw! It's also on the G500 :-(

It is not clear from the forum entry when the corresponding software release came out, so this could be old new.

Perhaps we can still hope that Avidyne gets around to it before it also appears on the GTN units, if it hasn't already. ;-)

Edited by chflyer - 25 Sep 2017 at 2:53pm
Vince
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 3:12pm
Well, Avidyne has had it on their R9 panels for a long time, so they do get first credit -- in the GA world. This Boeing feature first appeared in the 767/757 and 747-400s back in the 80's.

As we all know, sadly that bit of R9 code got suppressed when it was ported to the IFDs. I have been pleading and petitioning for it for quite a while here! Maybe real soon.

I don't know that the Banana would be much use on the GTNs, as the use of vertical constraint logic there is very limited. Unless that changes, doubt it will appear there.

* Orest

Edited by oskrypuch - 25 Sep 2017 at 3:15pm
chflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 3:26pm
In any case, it will be a while yet. I seem to recall confirmation that it isn't in 10.2.1.
Vince
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 3:41pm
 I don't recall a 10.2.1 feature list posted publicly, so let's not lose hope quite yet!

* Orest

chflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 4:05am

Hi Simpson,

I am looking into this, we have had some recent website issues that should have been cleared up.

Any news on this front Simpson? It has been a couple weeks since the above was written.

Vince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2017 at 4:31pm

Any news on this front Simpson? It has been a couple weeks since the above was written.

Sorry for the delay, they should be back on the documents and downloads section of the webpage by tomorrow afternoon. Finally sorted out the issue.
Simpson Bennett
Avidyne Corporation
Product Manager
chflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 10:10am
Yes Simpson, they are back there now. Many thanks.

The list is invaluable when building routes as many of the identifiers are VPnnn which is meaningless without having the table handy.

Vince
FlyingCOham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlyingCOham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 5:03pm
Simpson,  Any chance we could get the table in .xls rather than .pdf so it can be sorted by other columns??
Jim Patton
jwjenks View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwjenks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 11:11am
Two years ago, I was basically a VFR pilot only.  Now with 10.2 in my IFD550 and Seattle Avionics FlyQ in my IPad I now file on almost every cross country.   Sunny, cloudy, rainy, it's almost fun & So easy, last flight I almost got the full route entered (5 points) entered with the just the key pad.
1800WX brief has also made filing easy.  Synthetic vision & back-up (FlyQ)  Trying not to get overconfident.
Got my IFR in 2006 and was mostly petrified to file.  Wow, how the world has changed.
JJ:  200+hrs per year, 70hrs of XC of 2+hrs each/yr.  My FBO loves me, 1300+ gal/yr
JWJ
Ibraham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ibraham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 1:49pm
I was able to convert the pdf to Excel worksheet, I could not attach it to the post, but I can email it
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by Ibraham Ibraham wrote:

I was able to convert the pdf to Excel worksheet, I could not attach it to the post, but I can email it

??
Ibraham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ibraham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 3:14pm
The VFR waypoints file on the Avidyne website is in pdf format, someone was asking for an Excel file format, I was able to convert it to Microsoft Excel Worksheet

http://www.avidyne.com/files/downloads/VfrWaypoints1709.pdf
Ibraham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ibraham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 3:31pm
Link for the VFR waypoints file  in Excel format, please verify for accuracy vs the pdf file

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8beCGQOxGc-eHhSOVpMWVhBSVE/view?usp=sharing
DH82FLYER View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DH82FLYER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by Ibraham Ibraham wrote:

Link for the VFR waypoints file  in Excel format, please verify for accuracy vs the pdf file

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8beCGQOxGc-eHhSOVpMWVhBSVE/view?usp=sharing

Same with an easier link...

Excel format-Click here

Thomas

Edited by DH82FLYER - 11 Oct 2017 at 9:52pm
chflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2017 at 3:49am

Simpson, those files are extremely useful, pending the map layer update you mention.

Some of the wpts will change from time to time per the monthly ARINC update cycle, and occasionally an airfield will get a complete revamp. Do you plan to update the file to reflect the changes? I notice that the original 1709 version is still the current posting although we're now in the 1712 ARINC cycle.

P.S. Also just letting you know that we haven't forgotten and are still waiting for announcement of 10.2.1 availability. Not far from 2018 now and realizing that not much gets done after about Dec 15. ;-)
Vince
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 131415
  Share Topic