Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Touch Screen Not Working

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashmull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Touch Screen Not Working
    Posted: 01 Dec 2016 at 1:21pm
During a flight yesterday I was unable to use the touchscreen.  Is this a common problem?  Is it possible I inadvertently inactivated it, or is it a real probelm.  It persisted after shutting down and restarting.

Generally, one can access the IFD by knobs or touchscreen, but I was on the map page and wanted to display data on the right of the page.  How might I have done that without the touchscreen?

Ashley
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2016 at 1:53pm
Well, first step, go to the settings page and ensure you didn't inadvertently toggle the setting. That seems to be a good bet, as to the problem.

* Orest

Edited by oskrypuch - 01 Dec 2016 at 1:53pm
AviSimpson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2016 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by oskrypuch oskrypuch wrote:

Well, first step, go to the settings page and ensure you didn't inadvertently toggle the setting. That seems to be a good bet, as to the problem.

* Orest

This is a good first step. On the AUX page, the Setup tab and make sure you are on the User Options portion
Simpson Bennett
Avidyne Corporation
Product Manager
ashmull View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashmull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2016 at 3:58pm
Thanks to both respondents.  I had recently been on the setup page, so that might well be my problem.  It'll be easy to fix, so I should hope that's the issue but it's hard on the ego!

Ashley
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2016 at 9:12pm
To answer your other question, you can access the data blocks on the right side without the touch screen.  Simply hold down the left side of the Map rocker switch and the fields will pop out same as the touch.

Edited by teeth6 - 01 Dec 2016 at 9:14pm
ashmull View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashmull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 12:12am
Thanks Teeth.  I'll try that.  Ashley
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic