Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Aspen integration

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aspen integration
    Posted: 21 Jan 2017 at 9:12pm
I'm back in the air again! I took a test flight and encountered strange behavior between the IFD540 and Aspen.

I was on the missed approach segment of my home airport and changed the approach from vectors to the full approach. The IFD540 did as expected, but the moving map on the Aspen showed the FAF as the next waypoint. When I reached the next waypoint on the IFD540, the Aspen sequenced to the next waypoint, that being the runway. Has anyone seen this before?

On a separate segment, I selected the "Publish missed approach - Enabled". There is a hotkey for disabling the missed approach. It toggles very quickly off and then back on again. Is this a feature that hasn't been implemented and may be in the future? I saw the same behavior with the sim, but thought it might just be a sim issue.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic