Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ForeFlight Integration with 10.2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeterC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ForeFlight Integration with 10.2
    Posted: 08 Mar 2017 at 5:42pm
Question for Simpson: any idea when ForeFlight integration will support upload of flight plans?
Peter - 1977 Cardinal RG C-FJPC - IFD550/540/240/322/605A/Skytrax100, Aspen MAX 2000, Trio A/P
TomH View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2017 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by PeterC PeterC wrote:

Question for Simpson: any idea when ForeFlight integration will support upload of flight plans?

Uh oh, I was under the impression it would support two-way in 10.2. You've installed 10.2, does it not transfer?
PeterC View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeterC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2017 at 4:41pm
That was my thought, too.  However, the devil is in the details and I have not seen anything from ForeFlight that says it now supports the two-way transfer.  I am expecting a ForeFlight release that will enable the function, but no one has mentioned when we might expect that.
Peter - 1977 Cardinal RG C-FJPC - IFD550/540/240/322/605A/Skytrax100, Aspen MAX 2000, Trio A/P
chflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2017 at 5:36pm
I would ask ForeFlight first before Avidyne. Regardless of what 10.2 can do, doesn't make much difference if not supported by ForeFlight. Avidyne usually refers questions re 3rd party support to the respective suppliers.

Vince
PeterC View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeterC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2017 at 5:43pm
Yes I am waiting to hear from ForeFlight as well. I have a cross country planned for the end of the month and I am hoping to have that integration in place. Hopefully I'll hear good news from ForeFlight soon.
Derjr2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derjr2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 10:39pm
FWIW FlyQ does not transfer flight plans into the IFD either. Neither FlyQ nor ForeFlight display traffic or weather from the IFD. If you look at the device information on the ForeFlight App, it says the IFD is only providing GPS and flight plan out, nor flight plan input.

ADS-B traffic display on the map is awesome!
ddgates View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ddgates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 10:52pm
Fly Q 2.4.3 does support bidirectional flight plan transfer, and they say they will be adding ADS-B shortly.

Edited by ddgates - 11 Mar 2017 at 8:44am
David Gates
PeterC View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeterC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2017 at 12:00pm
Heard back from ForeFlight and now I'm even more confused.  

They said "Currently ForeFlight has the ability to send the flight plan to the IFD boxes, but does not allow flight plans to move vise versa. We hope for an update in the near future to add features but at this time we do not have a timeline for this. We will keep you posted when anything changes arise."

According to the ForeFlight Pilots Guide, ForeFlight only receives flight plans.  So I assume FF misspoke. 

There certainly appears to be more interest on the part of FF to partner with folks like G* and others than with Avidyne, based on the current supported functionality in FF 8.3.  Or is there a lack of interest at Avidyne to partner with FF, depending on who has to get the code done?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic