Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD100 Mobile App
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

IFD100 No Charts?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote comancheguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IFD100 No Charts?
    Posted: 13 May 2017 at 1:01pm
I bought the FULL package from Jepp for my two IFD-540s.  I still have no charts on the IFD100?  REALLY?      Am I doing something wrong?   Do I need to call Jeppeson? 

Glad to see a new version of the IFD100 released the other day!

Ken
ddgates View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddgates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2017 at 1:49pm
Just as a suggestion:
On the data download screen for your IFD100 app, is there an option to download charts?

If there isn't, it is a Jepp issue.  If there is, then the charts should download.

I have dual IFD 540s and have charts on the IFD100, no issues.

David Gates
comancheguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote comancheguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2017 at 2:13pm
David - 

Thanks.  Nope No charts on Jepp screen at login.  
Nav 
obstacles
terrain
mapdata

As I suspected.    Thanks for confirming!

Calling Jepp now. 

Ken

AUXAIR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AUXAIR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2017 at 3:32pm

I also have dual units, 550 and 440.  In the IFD100 app, the Jepp downloads appear immediately upon logging in to Jepp.

David E.
Cessna 182 RG II
chflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2017 at 5:03pm
David, David,

Did you need to pay additional to get the charts on the IFD100? There are reports here that Jepp is requesting an additional fee for them.

Vince
ddgates View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddgates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2017 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by chflyer chflyer wrote:

David, David,

Did you need to pay additional to get the charts on the IFD100? There are reports here that Jepp is requesting an additional fee for them.

I didn't pay anything beyond my chart subscription.

Are you sure they are charging you for charts?  Or for device licenses?
David Gates
AUXAIR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AUXAIR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2017 at 9:18pm

Vince -

The IFD100 downloads came without any additional fees from Jepp.  There was one package purchase price for the two installed units and paper enroute charts.

David E.
Cessna 182 RG II
chflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2017 at 9:43pm
What about this in the "Jepp data download difficulty thread"?

Originally posted by skycobra skycobra wrote:

I posted issues with charts data in the 540 forum section but I see this is a better place.   My electronic charts do not show up in the Jepp portal, however I do have the full Avidyne subscription with electronic charts.  I called Jepp and was told that I need to spend another $247 to get charts.

Simpson, can you clarify.

I've seen no response, so concluded that this is the case.....  sounds like sometimes yes, sometimes no. Typical Jeppesen.

Vince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote comancheguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2017 at 10:53pm
I bought the Dual 540 package from Jeppeson, for one year.  Apparently, it came with only 2 chart downloads.  I'll call them on Monday, and let you know what I find out. 

Ken
skycobra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skycobra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2017 at 10:17pm
Just to update my quoted post:  I had brought up this subject with Avidyne at Sun N Fun and was told they were aware of this and the Avidyne CEO would be talking with Jepp to resolve.  I still don't have access to charts on the IFD100 app, so I assume nothing has changed.  According to the reps at Sun N fUN if you have a subscription to charts (Jepp Service Bundle Suite) for the iFD540/440 you then should be able to load on the IFD100.  Jepp has taken the position, that in my case I need to purchase the optional Jepp Mobile FD (Jepp's overpriced version of Foreflight) package in order to port over charts to the ipad.   

Maybe this is a good time for Simpson to give us an update
Al
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 9:03am
I forget what I have exactly, but I do use Jepp's software, so have four "seats". IFD100 has all its charts, and I have the Jepp viewer on the tablet.

Is there another Jepp package level above the Jepp Service Bundle Suite?

* Orest

skycobra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skycobra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 12:02pm
Jepp does offer two different bundle packages.  The first is the standard Service Suite which includes, nav, terrain, obstacles and charts and that is priced at $1000.  The second is called the Service Suite "Plus" which adds the JeppView PFD for $1300.

The standard package does not port over charts into the IFD100, but the "plus" package does. 

I think this explains why some have charts and others don't.

Just spoke with Jepp and they have confirmed, also indicated that they are currently in discussions with Avidyne so maybe there is some resolution on the horizon.
Al

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote comancheguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 6:16pm
Yep.  That was the problem.  

Even after i went thru this with the Jep folks at SnF.  Grr...  I passed on the extra few hundred on TOP Of the almost $100 / month that I paid them for this year.    (3 TIMES what I pay for XM weather, BTW...)

The one REALLY useful feature would have been to have the charts on the ipad.   *sigh*.  

I'll wait at least till the next version of the ipad app comes out and squashes a few more bugs. 

I haven't figured out how I would have had the IFD100 / foreflight apps up without a second ipad, anyway. 

Ken

chflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 3:57pm
The new FF support for Jepp charts could be a game-changer here and make charts on the IFDxxx a lot less attractive economically (but only for ithingy users).

If one already has a Jepp subscription, one can also access it under FF, but each device uses up a Jepp subscription device count.

Without a Jepp subscription one can get the Jepp charts by paying FF directly for them, on as many FF devices as one wants. The coverage I've checked is about 1/2 the cost on FF as for a corresponding Jepp subscription. Another FF advantage in Europe is a combined IFR/VFR coverage option, which Jepp will not sell. The disadvantage is that the FF route doesn't include charts on the IFDxxx.

Vince
FlyingCOham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlyingCOham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 6:46pm
Heard it "through the grapevine", Jepp prices are about to drop noticeably ?????
Jim Patton
ddgates View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddgates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 9:55pm
Nahhh, fake news.
David Gates
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 7:28pm
I just "upgraded" my Jepp subscription to Plus in order to get charts on the IFD 100 but charts were still not an option in launching the app.  I really don't need Jepp Mobile FD on my IPad but I thought perhaps I had to download and activate that app in order to get the charts to my IFD100 and sure enough once I activated that app and then reactivated the IFD 100 the charts were available.  Can anyone confirm that the Jepp Mobile FD app must be installed and active on the IPad in order to use charts on the IFD 100?
Also, for those using Jepp Mobile FD, there is an option in settings under "Services" that says, "Allow Avionics Connection."  What exactly does this enable?  I asked Jepp but all they said was to ask Avidyne. 
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 7:32pm
Mobile FD does NOT need to be installed.

Go to the Database update selector in the IFD100, and get to the database dialog. You should see charts (matching your Jepp subscription) as one of the available items.

* Orest

Edited by oskrypuch - 04 Aug 2017 at 7:32pm
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 8:06pm
I did that but the option for charts was not there.  It was not until I installed Jepp FD and activated it that the option for charts appeared on the IFD 100.  Maybe now I can inactivate Jepp FD and delete the app??

Edited by teeth6 - 04 Aug 2017 at 8:07pm
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 9:54pm
I don't have Jepp FD now on my iPad, although I had installed it for a bit.

* Orest
pitchristian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pitchristian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 11:20pm
SO more info on this . I just spoke with JEPP as I was having the same issue with no charts on the IFD100 as well. They said it has nothing to do with JEPP FD being on the ipad or not. What worked for me was DEACTIVATING the IFD 100 on the splash screen and re-logging in. Apparently it was still using the wrong serial number (jeppesen ) from when I downloaded the IFD100 app to play with it. I have since changed my subscription with Jepp and it didn't update without logging out and logging back in from inside the IFD100 app. Now I have the charts. 
dmtidler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmtidler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 7:56pm
Just received this email from Jeppesen...does this mean charts now on IFD100 without the surcharge?

Dear Valued Customer,

Good news! The Jeppesen data services package you subscribe to for your Avidyne IFD has now been updated to include two site keys for use on mobile applications. This update has been provided at no additional cost to you as a valued Jeppesen customer. The same electronic charts viewed on your Avidyne system are now available on your favorite application, viewable on two mobile devices.

Summary of benefits:

No additional cost!
The same charts viewed on your Avidyne now available on your favorite mobile application.
Jeppesen charts viewable on two mobile devices.
Take advantage of the new site keys:

Activate Jeppesen Mobile FD App
Use your existing serial number to unlock charts.
You can find your Charts Serial Number via Jeppesen Distribution Manager (JDM) by clicking information next to Electronic Charts.

Activate your ForeFlight app or other mobile applications.
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 8:39pm
Hard to know, but I think this means that if you have a basic chart subscription fro the IFD, then you get 2 extra licenses, for 796, tablets, PC, that sort of thing.

Currently the full package with charts, gives you four additional licenses.

* Orest

dmtidler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmtidler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 8:34am
I have the full USA Jeppesen bundle subscription (charts, NAV data, & obstacles) for my single IFD540. Before yesterday, I did not have access to approach charts on my IFD100. Ultimately, after seeing the email I posted above, I individually deactivated both of my IFD100's. When I signed back into Jeppesen Services with my username and password, my subscription serial number changed to what is now reflected in JDM and charts are now accessible on both of my IFD100's.

I write "ultimately" because the Jeppesen email led me to believe I needed to download and activate Jeppesen FD Mobile first. While this worked fine on the first iPad, I found I had used both "seats" and could not activate Jeppesen FD Mobile or the IFD100 on the second iPad. After I then deactivated Jeppesen FD Mobile on the first iPad, I was able use the second "seat" on my second IFD100 by simply deactivating and re-signing into the second IFD100. Not sure; however, I think the download/activate of FD Mobile was not necessary.

Hopefully this helps!
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 9:14am
Did you upgrade to the full bundle more recently? I had the full bundle from the start, even before I had the IFD, and have always had access to four device licenses.

Perhaps we are talking about different "full bundles". Jepp works in mysterious ways.

* Orest

Edited by oskrypuch - 11 Jan 2018 at 9:15am
dmtidler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmtidler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 10:09am
I have had the same Full USA Jeppesen Services Suite Bundle (charts, nav data, obstacles, terrain) for my IFD540 for almost two years. It is still advertised at:

http://jeppdirect.jeppesen.com/legal/flitepak/avidyne-ifd540/flitepak.jsp

Up until yesterday, my data subscription would not show charts as a download option for my IFD100s. There were several others on this forum with the same issue. I received an email yesterday from Jeppesen Services specific to my data package subscription now allowing charts on two site keys (apps). With this change, my Subscription Serial Number the IFD100 uses based on my Jeppesen Services username and password also changed and now matches my Electronic Charts Serial Number in JDM. I don't know if the two serial numbers matched before Jeppesen updated the data package allowing the two site keys. 

There is another Full USA Jeppesen Services Suite + IFR Bundle which advertises the four licenses (installs) for mobile apps:

http://jeppdirect.jeppesen.com/legal/flitepak/avidyne-ifd540/flitepak-plus-ifr.jsp

From all I've read on this forum about other's issues with Jeppesen (none of which I have personally experienced), we may very well be talking apples and oranges on data bundles.
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 12:06pm
Looks like the flitepak "plain" is USA (and central Europe) only. So it was never in the running for me. Need Canada + US.

The flitepak plus, has an Americas package, guess that is what I have.

But it looks like the description is old, it is just "announcing" FF support

But, that explains the difference!

Perhaps the flitepak "plain" (with two licenses) now has an America's package, and I can save some money.

* Orest

edanford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edanford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 11:35am
Download of FD Mobile is not necessary to get IFD100 charts on ipad. 

All I had to do was de-activate my IFD100 and re-log in with my ID / password.

I would have not known that except for reading this thread.

My IFD540 charts are now available on my IFD100 just in time for my subscription to expire :)

Better late than never though.
Ed
chflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 5:05pm
I have been getting a strange message on the IFD100 during download of the charts. All the other downloads (terrain, navdata, obstacles, basemap) downloaded fine. The message is along the lines of "unexpected amount of data". It could happen near the start of the download or at the end during processing after the actual data download appeared to have been completed. In both cases, the charts were not downloaded in the end. Then recently, the chart update disappeared completed from the list of files available for download.

Following the above comment about de-activate and re-log in, I tried that and was presented with a message that 1 device was available, which I selected and continued. The charts were now back in the list as available for download, but the "unexpected amount of data" message was still preventing download completion. I tried again today, and suddenly the download completed without error and the charts were flagged in the list as downloaded (green check mark). So I exited the Jepp step to continue with start of the IFD100 app. However, when I click on the chart tab of the IFD100, there is a message "Chart Database Files Not Found". So it seems that the download didn't work after all. If I exit the IFD100 and shut it down completely (via swipe up), when I start it again the IFD100 screen opens directly without going through the Jepp signon step.

Has anyone seen this behaviour? Is it necessary to un-install the IFD100 and re-install to get back to the Jepp login screen at IFD100 app start? That doesn't make any sense because it would mean that the IFD100 app would need to be re-installed with every monthly data update...

BTW, I'm seeing the same behaviour on the IFR Trainer. I.e. charts download and show green check mark, but when I exit and continue with the trainer on the map page I get the same message as above. The difference is that if I then exit the trainer and completely stop it with swipe and then restart, it takes me back to the Jepp log in page rather than skipping it as does the IFD100. After login again, the green check mark against the charts has disappeared and a download is needed again ..... so even if it is showing as completed with green check mark, in fact it has not been finished.

Edited by chflyer - 12 Jan 2018 at 5:42pm
Vince
edanford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edanford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 7:16pm
I have seen the unexpected amount of data message ( including loading the charts last evening)

A restart of the down load would complete and charts were there on both of my Ipad mini 4 units.

I am running the latest version of IOS 11
Ed
dmtidler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmtidler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 7:38pm
I have seen the unexpected amount of data error several times with the IFD100 on the obstacle and nav data files since the IFD100 came out. Sometimes it takes several download attempts to be successful.

The charts loaded and display fine in the IFD100 for me. I have seen the green check mark as well as the Jeppesen Services login bypass issue described above. The green download check mark on the IFD100 seems to disappear when you open the IFD Trainer and vice versa.

Edited by dmtidler - 12 Jan 2018 at 7:40pm
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 7:06pm
I have used Jepps charts on the IFD 100 for awhile but just switched from 4 license seats to 2 to save some money.  I am using one of the seats on FF and it says I have 1 available seat left.  The IFD 100, however, no longer gives an option to download charts.  I tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling with no change.  I called Jepp and they confirmed I have 1 seat available but said that it is an Avidyne issue.  Anyone have a suggestion on how I can get the chart download to appear in the IFD 100 again?
dmtidler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmtidler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 8:12pm
The following works for me:

Open the IFD100 app.
Select the "AUX" button at bottom of display.
Select "Download Logs" on left side of display.
Select "Confirm" on left side of display.

The following alternate path also works for me:

Open the IFD100 app.
Select the "AUX" button at bottom of display.
Select "Software Status" on left side of display.
Select "Update Databases" on left side of display.
Select "Confirm" on left side of display.

After selecting "Confirm" using either method, I then get the Jeppesen Services sign-on page which leads me to the downloads after login.

dmtidler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmtidler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 8:32pm
I may have misunderstood your question: If the Electronic Charts are not showing up as an available download in Jeppesen Services you may want to try signing on to Jeppesen Services in the IFD100, and look at the settings page by selecting the settings icon in the upper right corner of the display.

Verify that your Subscription Serial Number is the same as the charts serial number displayed in JDM.  If they do not match, then try deactivating Jeppesen Services on the IFD100 by selecting "Deactivate" in the lower right of the settings display. I think you may have to confirm the deactivation before the app closes.

Even if the Subscription Serial Numbers match between JDM and the IFD100, you may want to try deactivating the IFD100 and reactivate it per below.

Once deactivated, reopen the IFD100 app and proceed to the Jeppesen Services login again. Reactivate your remaining seat by Signing in using your Jeppesen Services username and password.

teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 8:57pm
Thx much. It was your second post that I needed. I wasn’t sure how to deactivate the app but doing that and then signing in again solved the problem.
rpostmo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpostmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 9:51pm
I just purchased a IPAD mini 4 specifically for the IFD100.   As a dedicated Android user it was
painful, but could not wait for an Android version.
I have only used one-time database updates installed by my avionics shop on the IFD540.
If I don't have a subscription does that mean I will not be able to download the charts
to make the IFD100 work?  Or will my avionics shop be able to put them on my IPAD with
the one-time download I'm putting on my IFD540?   Bob
n7ifr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n7ifr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 9:58pm
I'm pretty sure you need an active Jepp subscription to Charts to see them on your IFD100 App... To see Charts in FF, same, or buy subscription via FF.

I use both FlyQ (Seattle Avionics) and FF - FlyQ has bisynchronous flight plans with IFD540 and displays live ADSB Wx + Traffic on iPad via IFD540 WiFi.  

Charts on iPad (and Aspen vis SA).

Tom W.
rpostmo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpostmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 10:11pm
My preferred app has been IFLY which is excellent.  I also have Bluetooth GPS devices for my two
Android tablets, and neither will work with the Ipad.  If I have to buy a IPAD specific GPS,  purchase another Jepp download and learn to use the IFD100 app and the IPAD device I'll consider it one of my most bonehead aviation expenditures ever.  On the other hand, the Comanche and IFD540 are all worth it!!!
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by rpostmo rpostmo wrote:

I just purchased a IPAD mini 4 specifically for the IFD100.   As a dedicated Android user it was painful, but could not wait for an Android version.
I have only used one-time database updates installed by my avionics shop on the IFD540.  If I don't have a subscription does that mean I will not be able to download the charts to make the IFD100 work?  Or will my avionics shop be able to put them on my IPAD with the one-time download I'm putting on my IFD540?   Bob
Yes, you need to have a Jeppesen account so that you can have the same database in the IFD100 and your IFD540.  You'll need to have the "Jeppesen Services Suite + IFR Bundle" in order to enable support for the mobile application.  Your situation sounds exactly like Orest, so you may want to PM him regarding his experience.  Or maybe while he's on the chair lift in Switzerland he'll see this thread and weigh in.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
chflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 4:54am
I'm having a few issues related to the IFD100 and IFD Trainer. Perhaps someone on the forum can help.

1) I am having difficulty getting the charts recognized on the IFD100 and IFD Trainer (sim). I downloaded both apps to ipads from Jepp, and all looked fine after data download with a green check for the various db: navdata, charts, terrain, etc. BTW, the Jeppesen login screen has a note that the IFD100 doesn't reduce the number of available seats (max 4), but that is false. When I activate the IFD100 and IFD Trainer, each takes one seat. Since I also have JeppFD on several ipads as well as JeppView on my PC, I needed to deactivate 2 of them before Jeppesen would let me activate the IFD100 and Trainer.

When I then proceed from that page to start the IFD100 and IFD Trainer apps, the chart tab on both just has a message "Chart Database Files Not Found". After that, I am no longer able to get to the Jepp signin page in the IFD100 app. I can exit the IFD100 app and completely shut it down with the standard "swipe", even power off the ipad and eventually deinstall the app from the App Store. No joy. This is using the latest available version of the IFD100 app 10.2.5 in the App Store.

I'm using the IFD100 with the IFD Trainer across my home wlan for familiarization purposes before installing 10.2.1.0 in the panel unit.

Does this issue need to be addressed to Avidyne tech support or to Jeppesen?

2) Question related to the IFD Trainer. The map page is covered with parallel thick green lines. What does this represent and how do I get rid of them? I also have a yellow alert for a TAWS System Failure. Is this the reason for the lines? If so, how do I get rid of the TAWS System Failure?

3) How can I get track up orientation on the IFD100? I have the trainer set up to track up orientation and that works fine. The IFD100 setup also shows track up but it is greyed out so can't be changed. Is this sync'd with the trainer/panel unit? The IFD100 map page displays north up though and since there is no button on the IFD100, this can't be toggled like it can on the trainer/panel unit. I have an active FPL, green GPS and wlan signal on both, and the freq are sync'd between both devices so the wlan connection is good. Any ideas?

Vince
luchetto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luchetto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 9:07am
vince
for track up on the ifd100 just toggle the heading symbol at the top of the screen.

Placido
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 9:12am
The green hash lines show where nexrad is not available. Try turning off the nexrad on the weather page.
chflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 10:47am
I assume that you mean the weather page in maintenance mode? How do I get there in the trainer? The standard method in the panel mount via aux/sys/update databases doesn't work.
Vince
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 2:41pm
1) I couldn't exactly tell from your post, but it sounded like you were using two iPads.  Seats are counted per device, not per app.  So, if you downloaded the trainer app to one iPad and the IFD100 to another, that would take two seats.  To take only one seat, you need to download them to the same device, in which case, they share the same downloaded databases.

As for the chart issue, we're not exactly sure but it almost sounds like the charts were downloaded but not installed properly.  We just tested it here on a Full USA IFR charts download and it worked fine.  Can you go to the settings page after downloading charts to check for any errors?  Touch the little gear icon in the upper right corner of the Jepp screen right after starting the app.  If you're already in the app, you can get back to that screen by going to Aux/Setup and selecting the "Update Databases" LSK.  You might have to scroll the activity log on the settings page to get to the chart download entries.

2) As teeth6 said, the green lines are Wx coverage areas with no data.  You can remove them by deselecting Nexrad after touching the "Wx Overlay" LSK from the Map page.

The TAWS alert appears briefly when jumping to a new location.  It could be permanent if terrain has not been loaded for the region.  To reduce space on the IFD100, you can download terrain in regions rather than worldwide (see the initial download screens).

3) As luchetto said, on the IFD100, the Map orientation can be changed by touching the Map heading box since, as you noted, there is no knob.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
chflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2018 at 6:29am
For 2) & 3), thanks for the replies. All ok now.

For 1), thanks for your reply Steve. You confirm indeed that the IFD100 & Trainer do indeed reduce the number of seats/devices, if there is not already an app on the ipad that has activated the device (e.g. JeppFD). Avidyne has always claimed that the IFD100 did not take a seat. I thought I'd try to become familiar with the IFD100 and IFD540 working together at home using the trainer. Installing both on the same ipad won't work for this, since it would mean traffic between the IFD100 & trainer would need to go out onto the WLAN and then back in to the other app and the IFD trainer doesn't stay active if switched into the background (ie reboots upon return).

Re chart installation, the chart database seems to download and install ok including the green check mark against it. Checking the status after the charts are installed as you mention, they also appear to have been installed normally:
2018-02-28 11:11:28 +0000: Updating Charts...
Chart Update Completed 0
2018-02-28 11:11:38 +0000: Electronic Charts Installed
&unique_service_id=17205721&service_code=MFVEU643&version=201804.1

When I then "Start" and go to the IFD Trainer, I get "Chart Database Files Not Found" on the chart tab. If I close the app (via swipe) and restart it, log in to Jepp again, the chart database has lost the green check and just shows the cloud/download icon. Somehow the database installation doesn't seem to "take" properly even if Jepp shows the installation as having completed normally.

BTW, how do I get the IFD100 to go back to the Jepp login? Once I've been through the Jepp login once it is skipped every time I start the IFD100. Even deleting the app and reinstalling it doesn't change that.

Edited by chflyer - 28 Feb 2018 at 6:30am
Vince
rpostmo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpostmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2018 at 11:55am
Vince, are you sure you're closing the IFD program on the IPAD and not just returning to the homepage?
It requires you to swipe the program up off the screen to close it.  Then it should return to the jepp login page when reopened.
dmtidler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmtidler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2018 at 12:41pm
After I activated charts on my IFD100 a few months ago, my IFD100s began bypassing the Jeppesen login screen at startup. Since then, I have to go to the  AUX-SYS tab and with Status Software displayed select "Download Logs" or with Status Databases displayed select "Update Databases" to get to the Jeppesen login.
dmtidler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmtidler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2018 at 12:43pm
I should have mentioned that after selecting "Download Logs" or "Update Databases" you will have to select "Confirm" before getting to the Jeppesen login.
chflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2018 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by dmtidler dmtidler wrote:

After I activated charts on my IFD100 a few months ago, my IFD100s began bypassing the Jeppesen login screen at startup. Since then, I have to go to the  AUX-SYS tab and with Status Software displayed select "Download Logs" or with Status Databases displayed select "Update Databases" to get to the Jeppesen login.

Ahhhhhh, that's it.... works. Just like going into maintenance mode on a real device.
Vince
dmtidler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmtidler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2018 at 1:29pm
Exactly!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic