Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SkyTrax 100 constantly calling me as traffic?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MysticCobra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SkyTrax 100 constantly calling me as traffic?
    Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 2:22pm
Had my second flight after upgrading IFD540 to v10.2 and SkyTrax 100 to latest software.  

During the flight, I had near-continuous alerting for traffic at my 6:00 and 0.1nm...namely, me.

Did my shop miss some settings in the SkyTrax to set my tail number or something to help filter out these nuisance alerts, or is there something else I can do to improve this situation?
dmtidler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmtidler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 5:08pm
I have a SkyTrax100 along with a AXP340 transponder.

I have not seen any ghosting since I upgraded from software version 4.08.0 with my SkyTrax100 (currently sw version 4.1.0). The SkyTrax100 has a Call Sign and Hex Address (Mode S) field in the Avidyne UAT Console Identification Tab. I think the first thing for you or your shop to verify is that the Call Sign and Hex Address (Mode S) fields in the SkyTrax100 are correct (via FAA N-Number registry for US registered aircraft) and identical to the Aircraft Registration and Mode S address configured in your transponder.

Checking the SkyTrax100 settings requires the Avidyne UAT console program running on PC and a serial connection to your SkyTrax100. Most likely this means a trip to the avionics shop.

The settings for your transponder should be accessible through the configuration settings on your transponder. Instructions for accessing the AXP340 configuration settings is found in the AXP340 Installation manual.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic