Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Displaying user waypoints on map

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Displaying user waypoints on map
    Posted: 22 Oct 2017 at 2:37pm
A winch-launched hang gliding facility was created 8 NM from our airport on the extended center line of one of our runways. The winch goes up to 2000' AGL. The site is on the route to/from the local flight training area. Not bright, but apparently legal.

To more easily avoid the site, I created a user waypoint using the lat/long from the NOTAM. I have not been able to get that waypoint to appear on the map. Using the NAV LSK, I have enabled the max level of nav features. I have searched the manuals and the various Settings, but I don't see an option to control whether or not UWPs are displayed .

I also tried making it an "airport" UWP by naming it "AIRPORT 1000FT". No joy.

I have confirmed that the lat/long are correct by creating a route to the UWP. Unless the UWP is used in a route, it seems that it will not display on the map, making it useless for my purpose.

Is there a way to display a UWP that is not part of a route? If not, is there another way of accomplishing my goal? It would be useful to be able to mark points on the map that display when flying near them. I'm hoping that I just missed how to do it.
FlyingCOham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlyingCOham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 9:56am
I've asked for this before - no response...
Jim Patton
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic