Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Aural alerts wiring?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
arkvet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arkvet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aural alerts wiring?
    Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 2:43pm
Thanks TJ!

Dropped off the plane at lunch today.  Anxious to get this dual G5 set-up with the IFD 550. 
Brent

PA32-301
IFD550 / AXP322 / SkyTrax100 / Dual G5's / GFC 500 / JPI 830
AviTJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AviTJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 12:23pm
Brent,
It's a simple installation of audio wires to an unswitched input on the audio panel from the TAWS Audio outputs from the IFD.  If the stack is already going to be apart, adding that wiring should be very near negligible as far as added labor.   
arkvet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arkvet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 9:56am
I know this has been mentioned in previous threads but I just can't find the info.

I have an IFD 550 that I did the "slide in replacement" for a GNS 530W.  I also have the AXP 322 remote transponder and Skytrax ADS-B in.  Audio panel is GMA 340.

I did not realize until later on that I needed an "extra wire" for the these aural alerts to go through the audio panel.  When I realized it was needed the panel job was complete and I didn't feel like taking it back for the "one wire" as I figured I could live without it until the next panel changes.

Well the time has come (I think) as I'm having a 2nd Garmin G5 installed as my HSI.  I already have the AI G5.  I know the G5 HSI will require quite a bit of labor (GMU-11 and GAD 29B) and I'd like to have a general idea of what the "extra wire" entails before mentioning it to my shop.  I'm hoping the labor for the extra wire will be a quick and easy add on during the HSI install.

Anyone out there with install experience have any idea what I should expect?  I just like to know the likely answers to my questions before I ask them. 

Thanks 
Brent

PA32-301
IFD550 / AXP322 / SkyTrax100 / Dual G5's / GFC 500 / JPI 830
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic