Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

IFD simulator App-Fly Commanded Heading?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phidoug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IFD simulator App-Fly Commanded Heading?
    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 at 9:18am
Is it possible in the IFD simulator app to fly a commanded heading? Or will it only fly direct to the next waypoint?

Edited by Phidoug - 05 Mar 2018 at 10:39am
ronl View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2018 at 10:03pm
It will fly a heading if there is not a gps flight plan loaded in the FMS.
Ron L
Phidoug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phidoug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2018 at 10:48pm
Hmmm.  Not having a flight plan defeats what I am trying to do.  I want to see how the IFD reacts/sequences when I intercept an approach at various points.
Not to throw mud, but I recall that the GNS530 PC simulator allowed this, so I was wondering if a similar function exists in the IFD simulator app. 
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2018 at 9:48am
Sorry, the simulator doesn't have a heading mode.

One option you may want to try is to create a user waypoint where you want to intercept and then do a direct-to that waypoint.  Then, enter your approach after the direct-to.  Then, go into OBS mode (you should still be on the direct-to leg) by pressing the upper right knob.  Then, dial an OBS course to simulate your intercept course to the approach.  Once you get close enough, activate the desired leg of the approach.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
Phidoug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phidoug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2018 at 11:20pm
Thanks, Steve. Will give that a shot. Kudos for a great product and support.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic