Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

IFD540: How to ID VOR/ILS?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phidoug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IFD540: How to ID VOR/ILS?
    Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 1:28pm
Took a quick look through the manual and maybe missed it but...how to I ID a VOR/ILS aurally? I’m familiar with the automatic textual decode of the Morse code. In other words, how do I enable audible ID and adjust volume? Thanks.

Edited by Phidoug - 13 Mar 2018 at 1:56pm
Bob H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by Phidoug Phidoug wrote:

Took a quick look through the manual and maybe missed it but...how to I ID a VOR/ILS aurally? I’m familiar with the automatic textual decode of the Morse code. Thanks.
I'm not familiar with your setup, but my nav1 & nav2 are fed to my audio panel, which has standalone nav audio bus buttons.  If you have that and can't hear the Nav when pressing the nav audio button, then you probably need to set the VLOC volume under AUX.  Go to AUX, AUDIO, Volume Control.  Use the bottom right knobs to adjust the volume as necessary
Bob
mfb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 2:58pm
The IFD has a filter that automatically filters out the Morse ID of a VOR station. This is useful when you're listening to the weather over a VOR frequency.

To hear the VOR ID, you have to turn off the filter.

Do this:

1) Select the NAV input on your audio panel so you can hear the output of the IFD navigation radio.

2) Press the COM/VLOC Tuning knob to select the navigation radio frequency box. (Magenta box appears around it.)

3) Press the VOL/SQ/ID knob. This turns off the radio’s ID filter, so you can hear the identification Morse code. The letters ID will be displayed in blue.

4) Turn the VOL/SQ/ID knob to adjust the volume of the navigation radio audio signal.

Hope this helps.

Mike
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic