Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Stratus ADS-B to IFD440?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mvgossman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stratus ADS-B to IFD440?
    Posted: 25 Jun 2018 at 11:06am
I know it is not currently supported to have the Stratus 2 ADS-B In provided to the IFD440.

But I wonder - since that ADS-B is flowing over the WiFi to the iPad/Foreflight is it possible that Avidyne could program to get that information to display on the IFD440? This would be a very good affordable way to do this. It would be nice to get rid of the Stratus 2 and the charging issues and have it all in one more affordable box for ADS-B In than is currently available (as far as I am aware, plus "affordable" depends on your point of view!).

Mitch
Mooney M20J Aspen EFD1000 Pro IFD440
paulr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2018 at 4:06pm
Avidyne hasn't announced any plans to do this. I would say it's really unlikely they ever will, since they'd be taking a stream of data from an uncertified device and showing it on the IFD. However, they (and FF) are working on going the other way round, so that you'll be able to see ADS-B traffic and weather from the IFD in Foreflight without a Stratus.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic