Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Avi & L3 offer Lynx + IFD550 bundle

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
afassas View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afassas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Avi & L3 offer Lynx + IFD550 bundle
    Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by rolfe_tessem rolfe_tessem wrote:

I don't get the point of this at all...

An expensive transponder with built-in WAAS GPS and touchscreen, to connect to a WAAS navigator with touchscreen...

Rolfe

I recently upgraded much of my avionics and I opted for the Lynx NGT-9000+ and the IFD-540.  The Lynx plays well with the IFD and shares TIS (traffic) and FIS (weather) information to the IFD and my Aspen PFD & MFD w/ unlocks for Lynx ADS-B, Synthetic Vision, AOA.

The additional ~$10K spent on the + version is the least expensive active traffic system I will ever buy for my aircraft.  The Lynx is also dual ADS-B In receiver, which was on my requirements list.

Yes, not cheap, but worth the money IMHO.
Alex Fassas
Avidyne IFD-540
Lynx NGT-9000+
Aspen MAX PFD1000, MFD1000 & MFD500
Beech A36
KRGA
Ibraham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ibraham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 11:47am
The AXP340 is manufactured by TRIG avionics
rolfe_tessem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolfe_tessem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 11:35am
I don't get the point of this at all...

An expensive transponder with built-in WAAS GPS and touchscreen, to connect to a WAAS navigator with touchscreen...

Rolfe

oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 12:31am
The AXP340 lists a lot lower. I can see both being offered.

* Orest

paulr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 10:59am
From today's AvWeb, which basically reprinted this Avi press release:

Starting at AirVenture, L3 has also partnered with Avidyne on a deal—called the ADS-B Premium Package—that includes an Avidyne IFD550 GPS/Flight Management System (FMS) and a Lynx NGT-9000. List price for the Lynx NGT-9000 is $6,170 and the IFD550 starts at $21,990. For customers who purchase the package, the companies are offering $2,500 cash back and a free ADS-B Traffic Advisory System (ATAS) upgrade until Sept. 28, 2018.

Interesting move. I wonder what this says about the future of the AXP340.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic