Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

IFD440 with Stratus 3 network error

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote intrepid04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IFD440 with Stratus 3 network error
    Posted: 06 Aug 2018 at 4:34pm

When I switch from Foreflight to IFD100 I get an error saying that there is an error with the IFD440 network but it continues to work fine with no issues. It did not do that with my Stratus 2S. Anyone else had this issue?
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 7:16am
Yes,  we do get that but I believe the error is when going from the IFD100 to FF.  I have also noted that everything continues to work fine.  It seems to be a warning from FF when we are connected to the IFD WiFi network.
psimpson View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote psimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 8:15am
I also have gotten the warning from FF telling me there is a problem. It doesn't work well to have both apps running at the same time.
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2018 at 6:45am
I have yet to find an actual problem with running both apps except for the warning message.
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2018 at 8:55am
Originally posted by teeth6 teeth6 wrote:

I have yet to find an actual problem with running both apps except for the warning message.

+1

Perhaps a bit of CYA.

* Orest

psimpson View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote psimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2018 at 10:12pm
On mine I will sometimes see the "IFD disconnected" message in FF and to get it working I have to disable then renable WiFi on the 440 and let it all link up again.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic