Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

IFD + GDL-69

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skysynergy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IFD + GDL-69
    Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 9:58am
Hi guys,

New here and I did search ...

I have a new 550/440 install in my airplane.  I also have a GDL-69/A. 

Here is a photo of the Sys screen:

As you can see I'm not receiving weather. It shows proper attenuation and my plan (Aviator Lite).

My XM audio works just fine.  

Has anyone else had this issue? If so, did a signal refresh help?

Thanks!
Rich
Gring View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gring Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 12:33pm
I have the same setup which is working with no issues.  I believe the weather receiver has a separate number from the audio receiver.  I think I would confirm SiriusXM has the number correct and send a refresh signal.
skysynergy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skysynergy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 1:27pm
The weird thing is it was working on my 530 before I made the swap...

Jack Seubert View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack Seubert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 8:27am
I had a similar problem when my 540 440 was installed by an avionics shop that didn't understand the IFD radios.  It took me a while to figure out and fix the problem.  This happened several years ago so its a little fuzzy but here goes.

The IFD's talk to each other in a more sophisticated way than the GNS radios.  When the Garmins are configured say to display GDL-69 weather, each unit is set up to receive the data from the GDL-69.  The IFD's need to receive the data to only one of the units and the system in the IFD that shares the GDL-69 will pass that information on to the other unit.

Someplace in the setup pages of the IFD, is a setting for that GDL-69 turn it off on one unit and see if that solves the problem.  

One other thing any changes in the GDL settings do not take place until the Circuit breaker is pulled and reset.

I'm assuming that you have the correct software on the GDL-69, that information is available somewhere on the forum.

As an aside, I got the airplane on the ramp away from the building with a long extension cord and my power supply so the GDL could see the satellite.  As I recall i did have to reset the signal which I did using the iPad .

Good luck
Jack Seubert
Jack Seubert
skysynergy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skysynergy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 6:48am
Thanks! I'll give that a try.

I hope it works ...

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic