Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Saved Routes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Saved Routes
    Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 11:00pm
Has anyone had all their saved routes disappear from their IFD between flights for no obvious reason?  Today, I made a trip and selected and activated one of my saved routes. When I was leaving for my return trip, I went to my saved route list and was surprised to see there were no saved routes. I previously had about 15 saved routes and they were all gone in both of my IFDs. 
afassas View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afassas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 1:34pm
I had a spooky issue where 'routes' showed up on my IFD-540.  I narrowed this down to having connected my IFD-100 via WiFi for the 1st time and having previously used the IFD-100 with my iPad IFD Trainer app.  Apparently 'routes' that were previously synced to the IFD-100 from the IFD Trainer were still present in the 'app' and then they synced and showed up on my IFD in my panel.

Spooky!!

Did you connect an IFD-100 or Foreflight to your IFD?  If so, I would look down that road for the answer to your mystery first.
Alex Fassas
Avidyne IFD-540
Lynx NGT-9000+
Aspen MAX PFD1000, MFD1000 & MFD500
Beech A36
KRGA
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 7:08am
I did connect both my IFD 100 and FF to the panel mount but I've done that on just about every flight since WiFi was added to the IFDs.  I can reconstruct all the saved routes but I was just wondering the cause
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic