Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Release 10.2.3.1

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddgates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 8:14pm
Based on what Derek posted on Beechtalk, this upgrade took 90 minutes.  That seems more major than the last 2.  On one hand, it is a X.X.X.Y upgrade so it should be more minor and less prone to catastrophic failure than a X.X.Y, but based on time it seems as major as 12.2 was.

I get the sense from the communications I’ve had so far that this is a tech support issue; their communications state that they don’t have the resources to sit on the phone with a customer during the updates, walking them through the process.

It just seems like if you follow the paradigm of dealer upgrade, then you have a number of trips back to an avionics shop, at a time with all the ADS-B rush that they aren’t all that available.

David
David Gates
JoeK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 8:19pm
Anyone installed yet that could answer a few questions? PM with your phone number.
Thanks
HenryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HenryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 9:02pm
In the past 2 updates that I did, almost all settings survived the upgrade. The only one I had to re-enter was the height of the GPS antenna. Is this upgrade different? Are there more settings that need to be restored?
allenc3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allenc3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 10:27am
Talked to my AI about this, and his reply to me was, Am I going to have to call Aircraft Spruce every time you need to buy a required part for your airplane that needs an A&P and/or AI signoff? Say a replacement battery?, Vacuum pump,? Why the additional burocratic step that is not required on any other aircraft part?

Now I am between a rock and a hard spot.

Claude
CubedRoot View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CubedRoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 10:46am
Originally posted by allenc3 allenc3 wrote:

Talked to my AI about this, and his reply to me was, Am I going to have to call Aircraft Spruce every time you need to buy a required part for your airplane that needs an A&P and/or AI signoff? Say a replacement battery?, Vacuum pump,? Why the additional burocratic step that is not required on any other aircraft part?

Now I am between a rock and a hard spot.

Kinda sounds like you mechanic doesn't want your money.  
Jessesaint View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jessesaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 10:56am
Avidyne is discussing a way to have a local A&P/IA get the software for the update. This is a major update, though. My first update I bricked the unit. The next two, on the bench, worked just fine. I will have the capability of reinstalling a bricked unit, but that is a pain in the neck.

I will add to my offer. Anybody who wants to pull their unit out, ship it to me with a return label inside the box, I'll do the update and send it back for $50. Yes, that adds time and your unit is missing, but that's the best I can do right now. You can expedite it however you want based on what you want to pay for shipping.
AZ Flyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AZ Flyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 11:10am
Frankly, I'm more interested in knowing how this update is working out for users so far.  I tend not to be an early adopter because there always seems to be unexpected issues that can make an update undesirable.
HenryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HenryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 11:17am
Jesse,

Is there any difference to the prior updates? Specifically, do any settings get lost? The past two times, I had to re-enter the GPS antenna height, but all other settings survived the upgrade. Do you know what bricked the first unit? 

I tried to ask technical support about the details, but as soon as I said I was an owner of a certified aircraft, they refused to give me any information at all, saying they'd only talk to my A&P. I was trying to get the details because I am more computer and electronics savvy than my A&P and I will be doing the install with him at my side. I wasn't asking for the software, just the service bulletin and whatever information is needed for the installation so I know what to expect when my A&P gets the software.

Edited by HenryM - 14 May 2019 at 11:18am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jessesaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 11:39am
I haven't done a unit that already had all of the settings setup to know what gets lost, but I will be doing that today, probably.

Some airplane owners would be perfectly capable of doing the update, but not all. Avidyne has over 4,000 units in the field, and even if a small percentage of the updates have a problem due to operator error (which my first one was), they will be overwhelmed with technical support phone calls and software reinstalls. If your A&P calls, they will probably email him the software and you can work out with him the best way to proceed, I am sure. If you drop me an email offline I can send you a copy of the service bulletin so you can read through it. Jesse at saintaviation dot com.
HenryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HenryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 12:22pm
Thanks, Jesse! I sent you an e-mail.
Flybuddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flybuddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by Lachgn Lachgn wrote:

I’m pressed for time so rather than wait for when or if we are going to be able to do the update ourselves, I just had my avionics shop do it.  They worked me in a couple hours after my call to them.  It took a couple hours there but was done with no difficulties.  I’m grateful they could do that but dang!  $217!  On testing, I learned flight plan cross loading is disabled between the 440 and IFD100 now due to software version mismatch.  So now we wait for THAT new s/w.  (sigh)
At least Apple won’t hit me for $.
Hopefully.

Any idea when the IFD100 app will be updated?
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 12:49pm
I believe Avidyne said the IFD 100 app  would be available sometime this week
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 2:10pm
We know there are a lot of you who would like to get the software update. However, this is not a small software patch like the GPS rollover issue.  Instead, it affects practically all of the software components in the IFD.  Therefore, there's legitimate concern that there will be a fair number of installations that don't go smoothly.  Most of those cases will be because the instructions in the Service Bulletin were not followed correctly.  If every one of those cases triggers a lengthy call to tech support, everyone will suffer.  If someone messes it up so bad that the box is bricked, that opens up an even bigger can of worms.

Installation of new software is, under the rules, an alteration to the airplane and requires a return-to-service signoff by an A&P.  That's not us, it's the FARs.  As a result, we want to be absolutely sure that anyone installing the software is aware of those rules - for their sake and for ours.

Nevertheless, we have heard your concerns.  So, we are actively working on a process to streamline the process of obtaining the needed software and documentation for the 10.2.3.1 update.  Our goal is to create a process that can be used for this and future releases.  That way, you'll have a consistent process going forward.  We're fully confident that the process will be completed and implemented within the week.

As soon as I have more information, you will be the first to know.

Edited by AviSteve - 14 May 2019 at 2:12pm
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jessesaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 2:50pm
I just updated a 540 that had been in use and all of the settings were still there.
HenryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HenryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 3:47pm
Steve,

Thank you for the explanation. I appreciate it. I will be helping my A&P with this process. There are a few A&P's around here that don't deal with electronics on a regular basis, but are willing to follow the service bulletin and will work with computer savvy owners. 

Jesse,

In my prior installs, the GPS antenna height needed to be re-entered. It was the only parameter that didn't survive the two full firmware updates I've done in the past. Did that parameter survive this time?

AlexTB20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlexTB20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 3:50pm
I finally managed to get the software, however after reading the installation guide I can see there are so many ways you can brick the unit, I postponed it for next week.

First I have to make sure I have a power cart that can supply uninterrupted energy for over an hour, then follow the instructions step by step in a specific order. Then, after hopefully my A&P IA signs it off for it to be legal, restore  some of the settings.

There are so many ways you can brick it, just inadvertently open the other IFD or do an incorrect power cycle and you're set for a $1,200 repair fee.

If made publicly available to end users, I predict at least 500 units will get bricked.

Maybe Steve could post here the installation guide so people can see they can easily screw it up. 

Spongebob38 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spongebob38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 5:26pm
Just updated my 540. Total time including back up and installing new Jepp data, just shy of 2 hours.
I did lose all of my Data block settings, everything else remained the same.
Did all the updates at the house using 12v power. Followed SB as instructed.
Will admit the pucker factor is there (weather here abysmal - more worried about losing power)

john
MysticCobra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MysticCobra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by AlexTB20 AlexTB20 wrote:

There are so many ways you can brick it, just inadvertently open the other IFD or do an incorrect power cycle and you're set for a $1,200 repair fee.

If made publicly available to end users, I predict at least 500 units will get bricked.
Skipping right past the fact that that number is just completely pulled out of the air, if it were true, that'd be a nice little $500K windfall for Avidyne.  Seems like a shrewd business move for them to encourage users to take their chances!  ;-)
Cruiser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cruiser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 7:57pm
there are several messages in RED that talk about keeping the power on. Not interrupting the update. Do not turn off etc. Critical - in bright red letters.
so what does the update do on it's own ? it shuts down the unit. I mean the screen goes black and the lights go out. ........... talk about putting your heart in your throat. Wow. then all of a sudden it lights up and proceeds normally.  Scares me.

The only thing I would suggest in the Service Bulletin is a line that tells you when to remove the USB flash drive at the end of the update.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jessesaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 8:18pm
The last update I did took exactly 43 minutes. That unit was already on 10.2.2.0.A. All of the config settings were retained.
JoeK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 10:07pm

Updated my IFD540 today and followed SB and no surprises or issues except loss my current NAV Data and was unable to reload, so downloaded next cycle and no issues. Took right at 1 1/2 hours with only two power resets. Be patient one had me waiting, but don’t touch anything.
Thank you Avidyne for an awesome product and special Thanks to Christine Evans for her help.

Catani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 12:51am
Originally posted by JoeK JoeK wrote:

Updated my IFD540 today and followed SB and no surprises or issues except loss my current NAV Data and was unable to reload, so downloaded next cycle and no issues. Took right at 1 1/2 hours with only two power resets. Be patient one had me waiting, but don’t touch anything.
Thank you Avidyne for an awesome product and special Thanks to Christine Evans for her help.

Sounds like you did the update yourself.  How did you get access to the SB and the update file?
dmtidler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmtidler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 1:40pm
I noticed today that the updated IFD100 version for IFD software 10.2.3.1 is now downloadable from the App Store.
KIM View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KIM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 2:40pm
After download of IFD software 10.2.3.1 on my ipad I miss the SVS page option. Any idea?

Klaus
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 3:04pm
 If you have 2 IFDs, make sure you are connected to the 550. That page does not appear when connected to a 540 or a 440
KIM View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KIM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 3:28pm
Sorry, i meant the SVS tap on the Map page (exocentric view)
Klaus
swood7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swood7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 6:02pm
I hate to even admit this, but I haven’t had any updates installed on my IFD440 since I purchased in fall of 2016. I’m planning to get this update done somewhat quickly (hopefully in the next week or two) but I’d like to know what needs to be done since I’m still on 10.1.x. I know my wife is going to ask, so I figure it’s better to give her an accurate estimate of time and money for the update. Thanks!

Edited by swood7 - 19 May 2019 at 6:38pm
Sean Wood
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 10:26am
Originally posted by KIM KIM wrote:

Sorry, i meant the SVS tap on the Map page (exocentric view)
When you start the new version of the IFD100, you should wait for a while until you see the "Config Modified" advisory.  Then, close the app and restart.

Exocentric view is only enabled when the IFD has the SVS option enabled and either the F500 or TAWS option enabled.  I'm assuming you had those options before, but check your main system page just to be sure.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 10:46am
As promised, we have now streamlined the process for getting the 10.2.3.1 software update.  We still recommend that you get it done by a dealer, but it's your call.  First, you have to go to fill out this form.  Read the terms and conditions.  When you submit the form, you'll get a link to the software.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 12:04pm
Awesome Steve.   Those terms and conditions are completely understandable and as usual, Avidyne is going above and beyond what other companies (spelled G*****) would ever do.
HenryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HenryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 4:30pm
Thank you for putting the process in place. I am glad it is easy to go through and only takes a few minutes to get the software downloaded. The conditions for getting the download link make sense to me. 

Edited by HenryM - 20 May 2019 at 4:31pm
brou0040 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brou0040 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 4:57pm
Thanks Steve!  Can you comment on warranty coverage if completed at a dealer and it fails?  I recall after the first update with the red warnings that there was push back by some dealers; can you confirm how this would be covered?  It looks like I now have a trip to the shop coming for the pitot system so I’m thinking about doing both at once.
Msieger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Msieger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 5:24pm
Now where might one find the latest and greatest install manual for the IFDs???

Mike

Mike
HenryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HenryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 5:30pm
It is included when you get the link to download the software. Click on the link AviSteve posted above:
https://lz314.infusionsoft.com/app/form/10231
Msieger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Msieger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 5:40pm
Ok then I will get one for each aircraft then.

Mike
Mike
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by brou0040 brou0040 wrote:

Thanks Steve!  Can you comment on warranty coverage if completed at a dealer and it fails?  I recall after the first update with the red warnings that there was push back by some dealers; can you confirm how this would be covered?  It looks like I now have a trip to the shop coming for the pitot system so I’m thinking about doing both at once.

If the update were to fail through no fault of the dealer, then it would be covered under warranty.  However, if the issue was due to the dealer not following the instructions in the service bulletin, then it would not be covered.  I would expect a dealer to cover any cost associated with that, but it would be worth a discussion beforehand just to be sure.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
Flybuddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Flybuddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 3:38pm
Completed today. Took 46 minutes and was almost entirely automatic except for a couple of simple prompts. Good process and instructions, no saved data or configs lost.
Randy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by Flybuddy Flybuddy wrote:

Completed today. Took 46 minutes and was almost entirely automatic except for a couple of simple prompts. Good process and instructions, no saved data or configs lost.
May I ask what file sizes or CRC32 numbers you had?
I don't seem to be getting my posts to Avidyne people here.
Thanks
Regards,
Randy
Regards,
Randy
Flybuddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flybuddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by Randy Randy wrote:

Originally posted by Flybuddy Flybuddy wrote:

May I ask what file sizes or CRC32 numbers you had?
I don't seem to be getting my posts to Avidyne people here.
Thanks
Regards,
Randy

Goldmaster - dsf - 82558 KB
Full Update - dsf - 43938 KB
Conformity check - dsf - 1 KB
RunOnce - 1 KB

The file sizes looked weird to me also (1 KB?). I'm new to Windows 10 and Google Drive adds a few steps so that I didn't trust the files either. I redid them on my old Windows 7 computer where it was a simpler and more trustworthy download.
Randy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 7:50pm
Flybuddy.
I only have a win10 computer, so I am stuck with what I got.
I guess these files are good to go, so I am going with them.
Will let you know if anything goes south.
Thanks for your reply.
Regards,
Randy
Regards,
Randy
allenc3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allenc3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 12:03am
Completed update tonight. Too damn hot to do it today. I pity anyone who tries to preform this upgrade on the ramp.

Took about an hour. Only problem I had was at the end when it says "this is the current Avidyne Software" , but still says only 62% complete. Must have waited another 20 min before looking at the docs again, where the picture clearly shows what I had on my screen. It only goes to 63 min on that last screen.

I lost no data on the update. The IDF 100 locked on almost instantly.
Claude
compasst View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote compasst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 7:46am
The installation manual is NOT included in the download package at the link provided by AviSteve above - only the Pilot's Guide is included. I had to obtain the installation document (needed for interface the IFDs to my G5s) from a request by my AI through tech support. This doc should be readily available to system owners.
DavidBunin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidBunin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 9:18am
I am reading the service bulletin, and I notice that on page 14 in part 4 it says to do the post-installation checkout per the installation manual revision 15 or later.  But in the Publications Affected section 1.13 on page 4, it says the installation manual revision 17 or later is applicable to this bulletin.

Which revision should it be?  15 or 17?

DavidBunin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidBunin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 9:23am
For those of you posting your time of accomplishment (for the purpose of showing the need for external power, and/or just planning your day at the airport), are you including the power-on time it took to preview and write down all of the settings before the load, and then the time to recheck/reset them after the load?

My past experience suggests that a "60-minute software load" usually has me at the hangar with aircraft electrical power applied for more like two or three hours to do the job right.  Granted, the 60 minute load time is the only part when an interruption of power is critical to the equipment, but lack of reliable constant power would be extremely frustrating for the operator at any point in the event.

AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 9:43am
Originally posted by DavidBunin DavidBunin wrote:

I am reading the service bulletin, and I notice that on page 14 in part 4 it says to do the post-installation checkout per the installation manual revision 15 or later.  But in the Publications Affected section 1.13 on page 4, it says the installation manual revision 17 or later is applicable to this bulletin.

Which revision should it be?  15 or 17?

Rev 17 is correct.  Thanks for pointing that out.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
Flybuddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flybuddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 10:59am
Originally posted by DavidBunin DavidBunin wrote:

For those of you posting your time of accomplishment (for the purpose of showing the need for external power, and/or just planning your day at the airport), are you including the power-on time it took to preview and write down all of the settings before the load, and then the time to recheck/reset them after the load?

My past experience suggests that a "60-minute software load" usually has me at the hangar with aircraft electrical power applied for more like two or three hours to do the job right.  Granted, the 60 minute load time is the only part when an interruption of power is critical to the equipment, but lack of reliable constant power would be extremely frustrating for the operator at any point in the event.

My 46 minutes was from when I turned on the power switch with the thumb drive in place. I spent about 7 minutes taking pics of the 13 config pages prior to setting up for the update and another 5 to 10 methodically checking for any issues afterward. Add in another 10 for my external power setup.
Mike Joy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Joy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 9:19pm
I was charged for 2 hours that included 1 hour for research and sign off.
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2019 at 2:27pm
In setting up a Stratus on the Config page to be used in the 10.2.3.1 release what would the SSID name be?   Is that the number on the Stratus itself?  I'm assuming the mode would be "remote wifi"?
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2019 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by teeth6 teeth6 wrote:

In setting up a Stratus on the Config page to be used in the 10.2.3.1 release what would the SSID name be?   Is that the number on the Stratus itself?  I'm assuming the mode would be "remote wifi"?
To be sure, turn on the Stratus and then use your iPad to show all of the WiFi networks around.  You'll see it.  It will say something like "Stratus000123" where, as you said, the numbers reflect the serial number of the Stratus.  Yes, it's Remote Wi-Fi.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2019 at 7:12pm
Thank you. That’s a great improvement to WiFi and with the new data blocks on the SVS page and the more obvious “banana”, this seems more like a 10.3 than a 10.2.3.1.  Great job, Avidyne!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic