Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD100 Mobile App
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Why can't I set the time offset on IFD100?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Helf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why can't I set the time offset on IFD100?
    Posted: 02 Apr 2019 at 1:38pm
When I touch SYS and go to settings on my IFD100 on my iPad, the selection for time offset is greyed out and not accessible.  Thus, unlike my IFD 540s, the IFD 100 always displays UTC and not local time.
How can I get this to work like the IFD 540s?
AZ Flyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AZ Flyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2019 at 1:41pm
I had asked that question previously, as well.  Likewise, none of the map detail setups can be changed on the IFD100 app.
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2019 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by Helf Helf wrote:

When I touch SYS and go to settings on my IFD100 on my iPad, the selection for time offset is greyed out and not accessible.  Thus, unlike my IFD 540s, the IFD 100 always displays UTC and not local time.
How can I get this to work like the IFD 540s?
The only reason you can't set time offset on the IFD100 is because there is no user interface mechanism to do that.  On the IFD, you can only adjust it using the knob.  On the IFD100, there is no knob.  I'll put a change request into the system to somehow allow it.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
Helf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Helf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2019 at 2:15pm
Thanks Steve.
Seems like a touch and then an up/down arrow or a direct input would work (but who am I to tell you your business?).
Just glad to hear it may change.
Thanks again.

Helf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Helf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2019 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by AZ Flyer AZ Flyer wrote:

I had asked that question previously, as well.  Likewise, none of the map detail setups can be changed on the IFD100 app.

Oh, yes.  That reminds me. My IFD100 always displays in black, even when it's day time.

How can one adjust that?
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2019 at 4:47pm
Are you talking about the charts being in night mode?  If so, that's adjusted on the setup page (Chart Day/Night mode).
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
Helf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Helf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2019 at 10:40am
Originally posted by AviSteve AviSteve wrote:

Are you talking about the charts being in night mode?  If so, that's adjusted on the setup page (Chart Day/Night mode).

I am talking about map background.  Mine is always in dark (night) mode. The display option is greyed out.

I tried to upload a screenshot but I can't see how.

Helf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Helf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2019 at 10:51am
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2019 at 6:37pm
Well, I'm still a little confused. You're saying map, but the screenshot shows display options.  The backlight options are grayed out because the IFD100 has no control over the iPad backlight.  Obviously, there's no bezel, so that's why that one is gray.  But neither of those has anything to do with the map.

Maybe your Land setting is off?  On the Map page, make sure both triangles are full on.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
Helf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Helf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2019 at 7:10pm
Thanks Steve.  I am confused and I am worried that you are confused.  :)

I have tried the declutter and both of mine are set to full.  Cycling them all the way through and back to full does not help.

I always see the map in night (dark) mode (and I don't find that usable).
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2019 at 9:00pm
Post a screenshot of the map page for me.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
Helf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Helf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2019 at 10:38pm
dmtidler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dmtidler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2019 at 11:11pm
Just a thought....any chance the NAmerica Terrain database isn’t downloaded to your IFD100?
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2019 at 8:35am
Yep, undoubtedly a missing terrain database. Go to AUX-SYS-Status Databases and press "Update Databases".  Press Demo in the lower right corner and then get the NAmerica terrain.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
Helf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Helf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2019 at 12:07pm
Right.  Sorry.
I downloaded the many ones that the top but missed that Terrain is lower.
Now, can I set terrain features through the SYS - Map settings on the IFD100 or does it take those from the IFD540?
Thanks guys
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2019 at 1:05pm
Set them on the IFD100.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
Helf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Helf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2019 at 1:19pm
I will try that.
Thanks for all the help (and patience with me).
Bill
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic