Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

System Time

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: System Time
    Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 3:28pm
I just discovered my IFD 540 and 440 both show a system time of Aug 31, 1999.  So my current NavData appears to be out of date.  Any idea why this happened and how to fix it?

John
John
A36
donemory View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donemory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 3:57pm
John, did you do the GPS Roll-Over patch that needed to be done by 4/6/19 that Avidyne announced?  That sounds like the issue.

Don

This is from Avidyne:
All Avidyne IFDs will require a MANDATORY update to address the GPS week rollover that takes place on April 6, 2019. This update is necessary to maintain proper display of ADS-B and SXM weather as well as other date related functions including proper display of database currency. No GPS/NAV/COM functions are affected. 10.2.x.0.A for 10.2.x.0 is available now to address this issue and 10.2.3.1, when released, will also incorporate this update.

Here are your options for updating the software to address the GPS rollover issue: 
1. Update the IFD with 10.2.3.1 when it is released to get the enhancements plus address the GPS rollover date issue. 
2. Update the 10.2.x.0 software with 10.2.x.0.A patch to address the GPS rollover date issue only. 
3  Update the 10.1.x.0 software with 10.2.2.0.A to address the GPS rollover date issue and bring the IFD to the latest software rev. 

FAQs for Software 10.2.x.0.A: 
1. What happens to my IFD if I do not update it to address the GPS rollover issue? On April 6th at midnight GMT the system will report the date as being approximately 19 years in the past. Even if you are using a current navigation database, the system will show that the database is not yet valid. If you are using SXM or ADS-B weather, you will lose access to some of your Datalink weather products. NAV/COM functions are not affected. 
2. If I am not at 10.2.x.0 what do I need to do to apply the patch to address the GPS rollover issue? You may elect to update your unit to 10.2.2.0.A which must be done by a dealer or you can wait until the 10.2.3.1 release is available and update it at that time.  
3. Does an Avidyne authorized dealer have to do the 10.2.x.0.A update? No, anyone who can sign off on a log book entry can provide the 10.2.x.0.A update if your software is at 10.2.x.0. It should take less than 30 minutes to complete the update.  
4. Does the GPS rollover issue affect my EX5000, EX500 or EX600? No. However, if those products are interfaced to IFDs or other GPSs that are affected by the date rollover issue then the GPSs must be updated in order to maintain correct date-related functionality on the MFDs. 
5. On what date will shipments of new IFDs from Avidyne include the GPS update to address the rollover issue? Any new IFD shipped from Avidyne after Feb. 11, 2019 will not require a software update in order to address the GPS rollover issue. 
6. How do I get the 10.2.x.0.A software update? You may request the software update at the link that follows:.

Edited by AviSteve - 17 Apr 2019 at 9:22pm
Don
donemory View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donemory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 4:06pm
Sorry about the formatting, I tried copying it from Avidyne’s announcement & this is what I got!  Call Avidyne to get the patch.

Edited by donemory - 18 Apr 2019 at 8:00am
Don
Jmack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 4:32pm
Thanks Don.
I probably saw an email on that when it came in and forgot about it.
John
A36
skitheo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skitheo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2019 at 6:25am
Where was this announced?
dmtidler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmtidler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2019 at 7:12am
FYI - It was announced on this forum on February 12, 2019 in a thread titled "Are our IFD units ready for Week Number Rollover?"

I also received two emails dated February 12 & 19 from Avidyne regarding this update.
chflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2019 at 10:08am
Anyone who has registered their equipment on MyAvidyne should have received an email with instructions.

I received the service bulletin twice from Avidyne, on Feb 19 & 21 (Subject "Service Bulletin: Software Update"). I also received an email on Mar 5 with subject "GPS Roll over update and instructions" which also included a video.

Vince
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic