Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Add SID after activating route?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D-EACY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Add SID after activating route?
    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 at 3:25am
I did an IFR flight from Eelde/Netherlands (EHGG) back to Munich this week and had the following problem.

- I entered the flight plan according to my validated flight plan and ACTIVATED it.
- on the way to the way to runway 23 I got the SID (SONEB2D)
- After takeoff I activated the DFC90 in ALT+IAS and NAV mode
- the airplane did not follow the SID (straight ahead to 6 miles) but made an immediate left turn twds the first enroute waypoint.

In the meantime I have learned that it is not possible to add an SID to an already active WP. But when I tried the same scenario on my IFD Trainer app the airplane DID follow the SID.

(Firmware in airplane has the GPS week rollover patch but not the latest version of the software).

Does the above work now with the new formware? And if not why does it work with the Trainer app?
2006 SR22-G2 DFC90 IFD440
allenc3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allenc3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2019 at 3:45am
The trainer app if you just downloaded it IS the new firmware and it probably would work.
Claude
D-EACY View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D-EACY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2019 at 3:48am
I need this information:

DOES the new firmware make it possible to add an SID after the route was activated - and was that not possible before?

Plese clarify.

2006 SR22-G2 DFC90 IFD440
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2019 at 10:07am
There was a long discussion about this in another thread recently.

IIRC, bottom line goes something like this: if you edit in a SID after creating the flight plan you need to be careful to activate the proper leg, else it may start flying back to the origin.

I don't know if that behavior has changed with the latest version.

* Orest
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2019 at 4:27pm
You can add a SID after the flight plan is active.  That has always been the case.  However, as Orest said, you will need to activate the leg that you want to fly.  Some kinds of legs cannot be activated, though.  If one of those is the first leg of the SID and that's what you want to activate, you'll have to delete the whole flight plan and then enter the SID.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic