Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Auto miss

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N927BC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Auto miss
    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 9:26am
the auto miss function doesn’t work even with auto miss selected on in settings
dmtidler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmtidler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 9:58am
Did you get a Manual Sequence Required prompt after the missed approach point?
N927BC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N927BC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 10:00am
Yes I did
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 6:17pm
Good call, dtmidler.

Auto enable missed simply enables the missed approach.  When the missed approach is enabled, the first leg of the missed will be activated once you sequence the MAP.  The fact that you got the manual sequence required alert indicates that the missed was indeed activated.  The fact that it didn't sequence past the first leg (which is generally altitude terminated) tells me that you don't have a baro altitude source into the IFD.  Without that, altitude terminated legs will not be sequenced until you press "Sequence Leg" on the FPL page.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
dmtidler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmtidler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 8:36pm
That’s where I was going with my inquiry.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic