Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

IFD 10.3 update?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttvetdoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IFD 10.3 update?
    Posted: 23 Oct 2019 at 1:10pm
I know when Steve was mentioning the outlook for updates at the beginning of this year (prior to the official release of 10.2.3.1) he mentioned the faint possibility of 10.3 before the end of the year.  I'm not looking for any definitive dates or deadlines, but I was curious how 10.3 is coming along and if it's looking more like early next year, mid, etc.

Thanks,

Russell

Edited by ttvetdoc - 23 Oct 2019 at 1:11pm
SR22 - KEQY
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2019 at 1:53am
Would be nice, but no it will be next year.  There will be a very minor release coming soon - 10.2.4.1.  It has a few bug fixes, but no significant new features.  I'll have release notes as it gets nearer.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
Kentucky Captain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kentucky Captain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2019 at 11:19pm
The way it always works for me is that the release always comes out just after getting my plane out of the shop.  In that case, the next release will happen at the end of February when I will be able to retrieve my bird from its latest overhaul.

Going for the Aspen Max upgrade and while there, pulling the STEC30, AXP340, SkyTrax100.  Installing STEC55X, L3 NGT9000, and a few other goodies.
Woo Hoo!!!
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2019 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by Kentucky Captain Kentucky Captain wrote:

Going for the Aspen Max upgrade and while there, pulling the STEC30, AXP340, SkyTrax100.  Installing STEC55X, L3 NGT9000, and a few other goodies.

You are taking your signature line seriously! ;-)

* Orest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kentucky Captain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2019 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by oskrypuch oskrypuch wrote:

Originally posted by Kentucky Captain Kentucky Captain wrote:

You are taking your signature line seriously! ;-)

* Orest

Apparently so.  In addition to the above mentioned items, I'm replacing the stock Cessna fuel senders with CIES digital senders.  They have to send the JPI EDM900 back to the factory for conversion from analog to digital so while there they are going to add Carb temp to it.  I am also replacing the stock flap indicator with the Visual Instruments LED indicator.  Also thinking about ditching the standby vacuum attitude indicator for something new.

I know that I already have way too much money invested in this plane so at this point, I'm not worrying about it, I just do what makes me happy.

My son and his wife live in Germany and it will be many years, if ever that they move back but I just found out last December that I have a daughter that I never knew about.  I was in the USAF as a Boomer in the KC-135 and was deployed a lot.  One deployment, when I came home, my girlfriend was gone. Her parents said she moved back to SC and married her high school sweetheart. I moved on.  She never told me nor my daughter that I was her father.  She found me through DNA testing.  I have a son-in-law and two more grandchildren.  It's been awesome and they are even moving to Louisville next summer.  One of the things we did while they visited last summer was to go flying.  She was an officer in the Air Force but didn't get to fly.  She loved it and when they went back home, her company, USAA, is now paying for her to get a degree in aviation, which will include PPL, Instrument, Commercial, and CFI.  When she is done with the private part, her husband will work towards his.

My thoughts at this point is to make the C172 into a generational plane.  It's a nice bird and already has a nice panel.  After this upgrade, the next thing will be interior, then paint, and eventually a 180 hp upgrade.  My goal is to make it better than new and keep it in the family for a long time.

I have also been talking to a friend that wants to buy something faster than his Carbon Cub for travel and we have been considering a partnership to do that.  Oh boy, another airplane to spend money on.
Woo Hoo!!!
chflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2019 at 5:07am
Oh dear, it looks like RF legs (10.4) is a very long way off indeed. :-(
Vince
Gring View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gring Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2019 at 7:08am
Awesome story, thanks for sharing!!!  It sounds exciting for you.
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2019 at 10:12am
That IS quite a story.

* Orest
skybum02 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skybum02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2019 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by AviSteve AviSteve wrote:

Would be nice, but no it will be next year.  There will be a very minor release coming soon - 10.2.4.1.  It has a few bug fixes, but no significant new features.  I'll have release notes as it gets nearer.

What min software version will I need to be at to upgrade to 10.3 without an intermediary update? 

Thanks. 
skybum02 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skybum02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2019 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by chflyer chflyer wrote:

Oh dear, it looks like RF legs (10.4) is a very long way off indeed. :-(

So, RF aren’t in 10.3? Not that there are any I would fly routinely, But it’s only a matter of time. 
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2019 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by skybum02 skybum02 wrote:

What min software version will I need to be at to upgrade to 10.3 without an intermediary update? 
It's a little early for that, but I don't expect there to be any minimum version to upgrade.  The farther out of date you are, though, the longer the update will take.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2019 at 3:42pm

So, RF aren’t in 10.3? Not that there are any I would fly routinely, But it’s only a matter of time. 
I took Vince's post as tongue-in-cheek based on the Captain's post.  RF is still scheduled for 10.3.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
chflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2019 at 5:35am
Right Steve, but still nice to have you reconfirm its in 10.3. :-)
Vince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kentucky Captain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2019 at 11:10pm
Thanks Steve, you guys are the greatest.  I really wouldn't have been seen in public with a Garmin hat.  I did use it to wash the car though.

Here is a pic of my current panel before the next upgrade in February.

Woo Hoo!!!
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 3:08pm

It's a little early for that, but I don't expect there to be any minimum version to upgrade.  The farther out of date you are, though, the longer the update will take.
... although, if you are still at 10.0, there's quite a bit more to the process, including removal, reprogramming, and replacement of an SD card.  I'm not sure if that's what you meant by "intermediary upgrade", but just so you know...
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
skybum02 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skybum02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 10:37pm

... although, if you are still at 10.0, there's quite a bit more to the process, including removal, reprogramming, and replacement of an SD card.  I'm not sure if that's what you meant by "intermediary upgrade", but just so you know...

I’m only 1 or two behind the current version. 
skybum02 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skybum02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 10:43pm
Is it safe to say 10.3 will be in February?  I go into annual at the end of Feb and my shop is an Avidyne dealer, so it is a convenient time to do the update. 
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 11:36pm

Is it safe to say 10.3 will be in February?  I go into annual at the end of Feb and my shop is an Avidyne dealer, so it is a convenient time to do the update. 

I think AviSteve said 10.3 would in 2020, but I didn't hear a month.

There is a apparently a mini-update, bug-fix only, 10.2.4.1 coming before that.

* Orest
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2019 at 9:07am
I can safely say that 10.3 will not be in February.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
skybum02 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skybum02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2019 at 9:10am

I can safely say that 10.3 will not be in February.

Bummer, how soon after Feb? I need to pay the shops about $300 for their time to do the upgrades and I’m on a budget so I’d like to only do 10.3 if it is before May/June. 
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2019 at 6:20pm
No mention has been made when 10.3 will be and Avidyne does not normally announce these dates in advance.  They have been burned too often by impatient customers when their dates were not met.
Royski View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Royski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2019 at 12:20pm
I'm running a version or two behind (no Boeing Banana) - any idea when the small bugfix release might come out?
Flybuddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flybuddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2019 at 12:26pm
Why the rush? Updates can be expensive, risky, inconvenient and time consuming for many IFD owners. These aren't Ipads and shouldn't be treated as such.
I wouldn't rush Avidyne as I'd prefer they be completely bug free.
PA23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PA23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2019 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by Flybuddy Flybuddy wrote:

Why the rush? Updates can be expensive, risky, inconvenient and time consuming for many IFD owners. These aren't Ipads and shouldn't be treated as such.
I wouldn't rush Avidyne as I'd prefer they be completely bug free.

Although regression testing is a good thing and tends to squash a lot of bugs, nothing is every bug free, especially when you get to this level of complexity, there will always be a one off situation that triggers a bug.

The trick usually becomes how to gracefully recover from encountering a bug.

Jeff
FlyingCOham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote FlyingCOham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 12:20pm
An old sage once said, "All working software is not thoroughly tested." ( :> )
Jim Patton
ttvetdoc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttvetdoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 2:47pm
Now that 10.2.4.1 is in the rearview mirror, at least with regards to the software development team, I was just curious is work on 10.3 is now just starting or whether they have been working on the more 'feature rich' 10.3 update for sometime.  Not looking for any timeline on the release as I know that's impossible to predict.
SR22 - KEQY
PA23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PA23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by ttvetdoc ttvetdoc wrote:

Now that 10.2.4.1 is in the rearview mirror, at least with regards to the software development team, I was just curious is work on 10.3 is now just starting or whether they have been working on the more 'feature rich' 10.3 update for sometime.  Not looking for any timeline on the release as I know that's impossible to predict.

Even though I have no relationship with Avidyne other than owning an IFD440, I'm going to answer for AviSteve and Avidyne on this one :-)

Any software company that doesn't have a roadmap laid out for the next several years on what features, fixes, wizbang additions they want to include and are including is a company that won't be around very long.

I wouldn't be surprised if Avidyne already has version, say 10.4.0.0 already moved out of their development lab and in a test aircraft and other developers are already working on 10.4.1.0.

Jeff
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 3:21pm
10.3 development has been underway for quite a while now.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
ttvetdoc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttvetdoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 3:29pm

10.3 development has been underway for quite a while now.

Excellent - thanks!
SR22 - KEQY
FlyingCOham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlyingCOham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 3:58pm
AviSteve, any public statements about what new functions MIGHT be in 10.3 ??
Jim Patton
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by FlyingCOham FlyingCOham wrote:

AviSteve, any public statements about what new functions MIGHT be in 10.3 ??
It's no secret that RF leg support will be included.  It will have lots of other goodies, but I'll leave that up to your imagination.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
ansond View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ansond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2020 at 12:41am
Will 10.3 pay my taxes????  Well... I had to at least ask... ;-) 

Seriously, a big THANK YOU to Avidyne for providing all these updates... much appreciated.  Love my IFDs... 

Doug
nrproces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nrproces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2020 at 7:46am
" your imagination?"

So each of our TOT is up to us, wow, I know what I want.   LOL
Sauce
ddgates View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddgates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2020 at 8:55am
It is great to think about what other enhancements might come through software enablement of new features.

Nice to think there may be more things the boxes can do.

Thanks, Avi!
David Gates
brou0040 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brou0040 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2020 at 9:34am
Do you have tighter integration with TruTrak on your feature wish list?  Vertical Navigation, VOR and ILS input, heading input, etc?.  Is there an easy way to get heading input into the IFD without a PFD or G5?

Do you have AV-30 integration on the feature wish list?

Thanks for all the continued work and updates.

Edited by brou0040 - 19 Feb 2020 at 9:34am
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 8:11am
Originally posted by brou0040 brou0040 wrote:

Do you have tighter integration with TruTrak on your feature wish list?  Vertical Navigation, VOR and ILS input, heading input, etc?.  Is there an easy way to get heading input into the IFD without a PFD or G5?

At least one of those is on our radar.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
Fuz16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fuz16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 4:14pm
keeping my fingers crossed for the AV30 integration.  It is on my short list of wants/needs👍
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 4:41pm

At least one of those is on our radar.

You are Devilish! ;-)

* Orest
chflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2020 at 9:33am
I realize that this is just off the press, but remote transponder support similar to the AXP322 for the uavionix tailBeaconX would really be super, given that Avidyne has no plans for a transponder with diversity.

Given resource limitations, Avidyne support for as much non-G* equipment as possible is important to Avidyne sales.
Vince
chflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2020 at 9:37am

Agree, but I believe TruTrak is GPS-only. What did have in mind with VOR and ILS input?
Vince
brou0040 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brou0040 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2020 at 11:52am

Agree, but I believe TruTrak is GPS-only. What did have in mind with VOR and ILS input?

As far as I can tell, the TruTrak is driven by digital data, the IFD could convert the VOR and ILS signals to data that the TruTrak could input.  It's not due to a lack of RF ports on the TruTrak, the VOR CDI doesn't have RF ports on it either.  The IFD  is already a digital NAV receiver so outputting VOR and ILS digitally to TruTrak should be doable.

I think there is a market for those who will move to the GFC 500 and G5 (likely dual G5).  When you start adding that much G* stuff to your panel, it's hard to see why you have an IFD instead of a GTN due to compatibility.  With TruTrak and Avidyne's relationships with BendixKing, I was hoping they were going to work towards making the TruTrak closer of a competitor with the GFC500 without having to install an Aspen.  That still leaves the G5, but AV-30 integration would take care of that.

skitheo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skitheo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2020 at 10:45am

As far as I can tell, the TruTrak is driven by digital data, the IFD could convert the VOR and ILS signals to data that the TruTrak could input.  It's not due to a lack of RF ports on the TruTrak, the VOR CDI doesn't have RF ports on it either.  The IFD  is already a digital NAV receiver so outputting VOR and ILS digitally to TruTrak should be doable.

I think there is a market for those who will move to the GFC 500 and G5 (likely dual G5).  When you start adding that much G* stuff to your panel, it's hard to see why you have an IFD instead of a GTN due to compatibility.  With TruTrak and Avidyne's relationships with BendixKing, I was hoping they were going to work towards making the TruTrak closer of a competitor with the GFC500 without having to install an Aspen.  That still leaves the G5, but AV-30 integration would take care of that.

+++1

I believe there are ARINC 429 labels for horizontal and vertical guidance to which the TT/AeroCruze 100 responds. I.e., Aspen or Dynon mode which have heading and ALT/VS bug integration.  Adding VLOC guidance may or may not be a present capability in the that A/P.

Edited by skitheo - 28 Feb 2020 at 10:46am
chflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 1:35pm
Steve, could you start a suggestion thread for 10.4?

Of course, not knowing what is now locked into 10.3 is a bit of a challenge. But there are already some features that are definitely NOT in 10.3 that should be on the radar for the next release. If you already know some that have missed 10.3 but are candidates for later, that would be nice to know even if it will be a disappointment.

As you know, I'm chaffing at the bit for RF legs, which would be a huge help for my home field.... good to hear that will definitely be in 10.3.

But the next big thing on my wish list is IFD remote support for the new uAvionix taliBeaconX 1090ES ADS-B with diversity transponder. It should approved for certified aircraft installation by spring, and prompt Avidyne support would be very nice, given that diversity doesn't seem to be on the radar for the AXP 322. Don't know what the software effort would be, but it only needs a 2-wire RS232 connection.

Edited by chflyer - 04 Mar 2020 at 1:36pm
Vince
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2020 at 2:15pm

Steve, could you start a suggestion thread for 10.4?
I understand the sentiment, but I'd rather wait until 10.3 is out before doing that.  Until then, continue to use the "Suggestions for 10.3" topic.  When the time comes to create such a new thread, I'll seed it with the stuff from the 10.3 thread that didn't make the cut.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
compasst View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote compasst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2020 at 6:51am

brou0040 wrote "When you start adding that much G* stuff to your panel, it's hard to see why you have an IFD instead of a GTN due to compatibility. "

Why do I have a IFD 540, two G5's, and now adding a GFC 500 instead of using GTN navigator? Because I bought them in that sequence over several years. The IFD is far superior then (and now) to anything Garmin - even their current stuff. So, yes, I do want and expect continued support for the 'plug and play replacement for Garmin 4xx-5xx navigators' design and intent of the IFD equipment.

Edited by compasst - 14 Mar 2020 at 6:55am
ttvetdoc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttvetdoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 11:00am
Hi Steve,

Is there any update on the progress for 10.3?  Turning base?  Short final?

Appreciate it!

Russell
SR22 - KEQY
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 11:08am
No update I can share.  We're still working on it though.  Most things are pretty close, but a few really important things are just taking a little longer than we expected (and longer than we'd like).
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
ttvetdoc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttvetdoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2020 at 1:19pm
Hey Steve - I missed getting this question asked on the webinar last night, but curious if you have any news on the 10.3 update?

Thanks!
SR22 - KEQY
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2020 at 3:41pm
10.3 is still underway.  It's grown in scope, so between that and virus related delays, it's just taking longer than we expected or wanted it to.  Nevertheless, here are the features I mentioned in last night's webinar.

• RF legs
  • Support for new ADS-B products
  • Better support for twin engine aircraft on the fuel page
  • Visual approaches
  • Power lines on the map
  • Easier WiFi configuration
  • High resolution terrain (though this would require a paid hardware upgrade)
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
ttvetdoc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttvetdoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2020 at 4:07pm

10.3 is still underway.  It's grown in scope, so between that and virus related delays, it's just taking longer than we expected or wanted it to.  Nevertheless, here are the features I mentioned in last night's webinar.

• RF legs
  • Support for new ADS-B products
  • Better support for twin engine aircraft on the fuel page
  • Visual approaches
  • Power lines on the map
  • Easier WiFi configuration
  • High resolution terrain (though this would require a paid hardware upgrade)

That's great Steve!  I joined the webinar midway (when Dan was answering questions) and must have missed this part.  Thanks for the sneak peak.  Looks like it should be great update.
SR22 - KEQY
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic