Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

IFD 540 Destination Airport Info

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdojr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IFD 540 Destination Airport Info
    Posted: 23 Oct 2019 at 9:33pm
I'm new to the Avidyne world and have a question about the destination airport in the flight plan. I have an activated flight plan, but the destination always defaults to a small GA airport in NY in the chart view.  The Simulator and the IFD 100 seem to work as advertisedl. I have the destination set for F41 (Ennis, Texas). Thanks!
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2019 at 11:40pm
Select the PASTE button, that will prefill with the destination.

* Orest

Edited by oskrypuch - 23 Oct 2019 at 11:47pm
jdojr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdojr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2019 at 1:29pm
Thanks for the info.  Unfortunately the airport info will not stay "pasted".  As soon as I leave the page and return the system reverts to the previous airport.
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2019 at 10:31am
So you enter a flight plan from, say, KDAL to F41.  You go to the chart page and enter F41, then go back to FMS.  When you go back to Charts, you get something in NY?

In order to diagnose, we'll need exact, detailed steps that you are taking to induce the problem.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
jdojr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdojr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2019 at 11:39am
Thanks Steve. Unfortunately I will be away from my airplane for the next 10 days. I will duplicate the problem and post again. Thank you.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic