Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

IFD100 MAP screen green lines

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IFD100 MAP screen green lines
    Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 2:22pm
I'm sure I've seen this before but can't find the issue anymore on the forum. I seem to recall that it is a setup or config issue. Has anyone seen these green lines on the IFD100 MAP tab?

The setup is an ipad running the Trainer and another the IFD100.

Edited by chflyer - 11 Nov 2019 at 2:52pm
Vince
HenryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HenryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 3:07pm
According to the current Pilot's Guide:

Diagonal stripes show the Datalink radar data no coverage area. In normal operation the boundary follows the outline of the Continental United States (CONUS). If, however, Datalink radar is unavailable in a particular area for any reason, hatched lines appear in that area. In the mountains and off the coast, hatched lines may represent no coverage below 10,000 feet. If there are radar returns in that regionabove 10,000 feet, the returns will be displayed as “islands of precipitation” surrounded by the hatched lines.

You might want to turn off the weather overlayes if you don't have a data link.

Edited by HenryM - 11 Nov 2019 at 3:09pm
chflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 3:37pm
Got it! Many thanks for the quick reply..... faster than RTFM. ;-)

I've long ago turned this off on the in-panel unit and trainer, but didn't think to do so on the IFD100 too!

Vince
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic