Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How to break/open squelch

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 260SE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to break/open squelch
    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 10:06pm
I feel stupid. IFD-540.  Looked in my manual, searched here, searched web, and watched vids.  How do I listen to static to see if I can hear weak signals (like distant ATIS or nav aids)?
dmtidler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmtidler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 11:10pm
IFD com squelch and active VLOC ID audio toggles are found on the AUX-AUDIO tab with Volume Control at LSK 2L selected.
94S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 94S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 10:15am
Push the volume knob to turn squelch on and off.
PA23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PA23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 4:14pm
next is to fix the reception of the radio... mine SUCKS!  I'm going to verify it's not the installation by shoving a GNS430W back into the tray, if that works fine (and I expect it will) I'm guessing the radio has to go back for repair.

I'm holding out for my annual in 2 months, since the plane has to be down anyway...

Oh transmit is fine, ATC can hear me with no issues whatsoever but I can't hear them even if I manually open the squelch. :(
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic