Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD100 Mobile App
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Simulator and WiFi-only iPad

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daveS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Simulator and WiFi-only iPad
    Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 6:35pm
The IFD simulator sometimes gets a valid position but usually doesn’t from my non-GPS  equipped iPad Mini 5.  Location services is working fine with my EFB app, Google Maps, etc getting a fairly accurate position.  Today, my simulator starts at Mackinac Island.  Anyway to force it to start at the origin of a flight plan?
------------
dave
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 8:52am
In the trainer app, you can move the aircraft by setting a different origin in the flight plan.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
daveS View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daveS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 10:55am
I have an origin of 'T31' on the active flight plan.  The plane is showing 942 nm away from the origin and is at KMCD.  Flight Control is set to Follow FPL, Simulator is on, and the FPL with T31 is active.  What else do I need to do?
------------
dave
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 2:59pm
I just tried it and it worked just fine.  Restart the app.  Then enter an origin of somewhere besides T31, like "KDFW".  Then, change the origin to T31.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
daveS View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daveS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 4:27pm
Interesting -- worked fine by entering 'KTKI' (towered airport near T31) even without a restart.  Is there an issue with non-towered airports without approaches?  
------------
dave
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 5:08pm
No.  I used T31 and it worked.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic