Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Water not showing on trainer app

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Water not showing on trainer app
    Posted: 13 Apr 2020 at 6:18am
Spending more time with the trainer during corona downtime, I've noticed that water is not showing on the map. Anyone have an idea what might cause that? The geography is showing fine, but none of the lakes.
Vince
mfb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2020 at 10:45am
You can control the display of map features using the "triangle" line select keys on the left side of the map screen, or the map settings page under the AUX button.

Have you tried those?

Mike

Edited by mfb - 14 Apr 2020 at 10:46am
chflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2020 at 11:06am
Yes, rechecked them as I thought perhaps I'd turned something off by mistake.

The land line select is on/off. Full on has geo features, anything less is night (black background).

None of the map setting page options make reference to geographic features .... The Map Detail section is all airspace, airports, navdata, flight plan, traffic, interstates.
Vince
mfb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2020 at 12:03pm
Hmmmmm.....

You are correct. I don't see any options for the geographic features except for the triangle on the Map page. And that doesn't control water directly. 

The only other idea I have is to try going to the Databases tab at the top of the simulator. You could delete the Worldwide database and reload it.

Mike

chflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2020 at 5:57pm
That last suggestion did the trick. I deleted both the Terrain and MapData and reloaded them and "presto", the water is back on the map.
Vince
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic