Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bluetooth keyboard failing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeffcb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bluetooth keyboard failing
    Posted: 15 Aug 2020 at 11:08pm
Has anyone else encountered problems with their Avidyne Bluetooth keyboard?
Mine has worked perfectly, but now suddenly freezes after a few keystrokes.
Turning it off and on usually solves the problem for a few more keystrokes, but then the problem reoccurs.
I have charged it out of plane, also tried the power lead to it in the plane, and have re-paired with IFD 540.
None of these things made any difference.
It is a great little device, particularly in turbulence, so I don't want to lose it.
Does anyone from the Avidyne company have any suggestions?
Regards
Jeff

Jeff
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2020 at 1:01pm
I'm not from Avidyne, but when my remote keyboard started getting laggy, they just replaced it. Give tech support a call.

It is a fabulous and unique device. I use it for 90% of my interaction with the IFD.

* Orest

Edited by oskrypuch - 16 Aug 2020 at 1:02pm
Flybuddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flybuddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2020 at 2:17pm
Another possibility is that many Avidyne owners do not use the keyboard, might be able to buy one of those. I agree that it enhances functionality.
Bob H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2020 at 2:27pm
Bob
jeffcb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeffcb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2020 at 6:59am
Thanks for the above replies and suggestions.
I have contacted Avidyne support, and received a promising reply within a couple of days, but nothing has happened in the weeks since, despite further contact from me.
I am rather surprised considering the good support other people have mentioned at various times on this forum.
Jeff
Jeff
AZ Flyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AZ Flyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2020 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by jeffcb jeffcb wrote:

I have contacted Avidyne support, and received a promising reply within a couple of days, but nothing has happened in the weeks since, despite further contact from me.
I am rather surprised considering the good support other people have mentioned at various times on this forum.
Jeff

If your time is worth anything, buy a new one for $30 on Amazon.
Stan
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2020 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by jeffcb jeffcb wrote:

Jeff
I checked with tech support today and they reported to me that a new keyboard was authorized.  I'll follow up with them to be sure it has been sent.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
jeffcb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeffcb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2020 at 8:20am
Thanks to Avidyne tech support for arranging a new keyboard to be sent to Australia for me.
Regards
Jeff

Jeff
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic