Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Jepp Data Download to IFD100 App

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoCalIFDpilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jepp Data Download to IFD100 App
    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 at 4:25pm
I have the Jeppesen data package. I downloaded data to a flash drive, and updated the IFD540. I also downloaded Jepp data into the IFD trainer app, and the IFD100 app on one of my iPads. I have another iPad with the IFD100 app on it, but for some reason I can't download the Jepp data to it, and it won't "talk" to the IFD540.

I have a vague recollection that the Jepp data is limited to the IFD540 and two other devices. Is that correct? If so, how can I eliminate the trainer as one device, and instead use my other iPad.

If that's not correct, what do I need to do to download the Jepp data to the IFD100 app on my other iPad?

Thanks, everyone!
dmtidler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dmtidler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2020 at 8:45pm
Log into Jeppesen through the IFD Trainer as if you are trying to update the databases. After logging in and are at the database download page, select the settings icon in the upper right corner of the page. There should then be a “deactivate” prompt on the lower right corner of the resulting display. 

Once deactivated, the deactivated seat should immediately be available to activate any IFD100 or IFD Trainer that does not have an activated seat. I personally just use the Jeppesen demo databases on my IFD Trainers so that I may use the two Jeppesen seats for the IFD100s on two iPads. 

It was also possible to individually release each seat by logging into the Jeppesen website; however, I believe there have been numerous changes to the website since I last used that method. 
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2020 at 10:02pm
I don't believe the trainer counts as one device  but strangely enough Foreflight and the IFD 100 count as 2 devices even if they are on the same iPad.  When I download the charts to my IFD 100, it is automatically available on the trainer and that uses 1 seat.  I use my other seat for Foreflight.

Edited by teeth6 - 04 Oct 2020 at 10:04pm
rsharp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rsharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2020 at 2:24pm
I just updated my Avidyne subscription to full Jeppesen charts, NavData, and Obstacles for $599 from Jeppesen.
(I did not have charts with the prior subscription)

Initially I could not get the charts to show up as an option in the IFD100 download list.
Called Jeppesen Tech support but they were not very knowledgeable on this specific issue.
(They indicated all was well on their side, especially since I was able to update my USB and download the charts to the IFD550)

While I had them on the phone I selected "deactivate" using the settings wheel, logged back into my account and behold the Charts were now available.

I'm Posting this note just in case someone else had this same issue for the Trainer and or IFD100 with regards to download options.  (Not sure if this issue was already mentioned, I couldn't find it in a search)
Most comments stated, resetting the iPad, deleting the app, re-logging into the account multiple times etc.

The main fix for me was using the "deactivate button", and signing back in, hope this post helps someone.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic