Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD100 Mobile App
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

IFD100 split screen

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R0bst3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IFD100 split screen
    Posted: 04 Nov 2020 at 10:38am
I just wanted to say thank you to Avidyne for adding split screen support to the IFD100 today with the release of IFD100 10.2.9. Right now I’m running two iPads in my 182a cockpit and things are a bit tight, this should let me drop to 1 and mount the Bluetooth key on my yoke.  I’ll report back after flying it!
n7ifr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n7ifr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2020 at 3:17pm
Not to be a downer on this, but I do not believe the IFD100 yet plays "split screen".  

I tried it after the above post, but this is only an "overlap" with ForeFlight, not actually split screen.

The IFD App only allows the ForeFlight to be superimposed, but not really sharing the screen - yet.  Hopefully Avidyne will develop this.

Tom W.
R0bst3r View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R0bst3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2020 at 4:58pm
Avidyne was nice enough to put out a training video showing the new behavior after the update.  https://youtu.be/U15M4gOjrrY

Edited by R0bst3r - 04 Nov 2020 at 5:00pm
n7ifr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n7ifr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2020 at 6:21pm
Thanks RObst3r -

Video is a good review of how to do "split screen"... 
It helped me to discover there is an update for the IFD100, which now allows me the Spit Screen Function...

Bad news is the Right-Side IFD-Data Blocks are not seen or usable, no matter if the ForeFlight is on the left side of screen.

However, if you operate the IFD100 in Full screen, and just Split-Screen ForeFlight, then you can move the IFD screen and see the IFD Data Blocks at will...

Tom W.
R0bst3r View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R0bst3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2020 at 9:26am
so I managed to fly this yesterday, with both ForeFlight and the IFD100 up on an IPad mini 5. GPS location works fine in both apps, but the data sharing for adsb traffic and weather doesn’t. After the avionics were powered up ForeFlight had good adsb data as indicated by the upper left hand corner of the map, and the IFD100 had a yellow alarm for Adsb traffic source. After a couple minutes with no changes by me the IFD100 went normal and the data in ForeFlight stopped receiving Adsb updates.  I am running a stratux as the WiFi Ap and the ifd440 in client mode. 

Edited by R0bst3r - 08 Nov 2020 at 9:27am
n7ifr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n7ifr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2020 at 3:49pm
Just to add:

Flew with split screen IFD100 with FF.  Both seemed to pick up WiFi OK, but on IFD100, the "Designated Wpt" datablock is not responsive...

Too bad, as I had really looked forward to using this in split screen mode.

Tom W.
dmtidler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmtidler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2020 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by n7ifr n7ifr wrote:

Just to add:

Flew with split screen IFD100 with FF.  Both seemed to pick up WiFi OK, but on IFD100, the "Designated Wpt" datablock is not responsive...

Too bad, as I had really looked forward to using this in split screen mode.

Tom W.

I reported the loss of Designated Wpt response a few days ago in another IFD100 thread along with the loss of the Chart tab when not WiFi connected to a panel IFD. I assume the Designated Wpt issue is another touch mapping issue as it was a few IFD100 releases ago.
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2020 at 1:02pm
How do you operate the IFD 100 in full screen and just split screen FF?  I am not clear on what you mean?

However, if you operate the IFD100 in Full screen, and just Split-Screen ForeFlight, then you can move the IFD screen and see the IFD Data Blocks at will...

Tom W.
[/QUOTE]
n7ifr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n7ifr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2020 at 4:24pm
"Hangar Flying" today - Noticed on two separate iPads that even though the Route List is successfuly synched, Flight Plans are not!

- error message at lower left says FP's not Synched.

Also,  Designated Wpt datablock not sharing. 

What's up with that?

Tom W.

teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2020 at 4:42pm
So flew today with FF and the IFD 100 in split screen and the datablocks are visible, however, they are on the left side of the screen rather than the normal right side. You still have the ability to scroll up and down the datablocks to see them all. They now appear above the frequencies on the left side.  Pretty cool
dmtidler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmtidler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2020 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by n7ifr n7ifr wrote:

"Hangar Flying" today - Noticed on two separate iPads that even though the Route List is successfuly synched, Flight Plans are not!

- error message at lower left says FP's not Synched.

Also,  Designated Wpt datablock not sharing. 

What's up with that?

Tom W.

Were both the panel IFD and IFD100 updated to the same navigation database and cycle?
n7ifr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n7ifr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2021 at 11:55am
Sorry for delayed response -
Yes, all units on same current database.

Will try hangar flying today again, but current issues are:

1. FP's not synch'ing
2. Designated Wpt not in synch.

Is new problem with updated IFD100 sinc "split screen" capability?

Tom W.

Edited by n7ifr - 07 Jan 2021 at 11:56am
n7ifr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n7ifr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2021 at 3:40pm

Verified that Designated Wpt no longer works in IFD100.
but, FP does transfer as advertised.

Hope this IFD100 glitch can be fixed soon.

Tom W
dwbarnett View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwbarnett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 6:47pm
Hi Folks. Yep, playing around with the Multi screen myself.  The main issue I have, in addition to already mentioned.  If you try and expand the IFD100 screen to be a little larger than FF screen, you loose the IFD 100 screen. It will blackout.  If you move the divider to have both 50/50, it works fine.

However, the other issue in splitscreen. If you are in FMC and you want to see the FPL strips and the map, you can only see the FPL strips.  The only way to view the map is to reduce the FF page to an overlay.  Then you can move that around to view both the map and FPL strips.

Hopefully Avidyne can correct this issue on multiscreen stuff.
My plan when it get's all squared away, is to use the IFD100 for my main map viewing and entry. Keep the IFD 440 on FMC page and show full size FPL strips.  Similar to the Progress page I use in the 73.

Hope a IFD100 fix soon.
David
Marley3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marley3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 4:47pm
I have the same issue.. When the screen is split 50/50 (IFD 100/Foreflight), everything works fine. However, when the IFD 100 App is expanded by sliding the divider line between the two apps, it goes black and the IFD 100 App no longer functions. Avidyne, please fix. Thank you!
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 4:17pm
We tried other scalings, but they looked terrible.  So, the IFD100 is only supported in 50/50 or full screen.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
Marley3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marley3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 6:09pm
If Foreflight and Garmin can both scale correctly when expanded, why can’t Avidyne?
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 8:55pm
I'm sure we could, but we prefer to focus the majority of our time on avionics.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 9:22pm
Good, honest answer
Marley3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marley3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2021 at 7:07am
The IFD 100 app was a huge selling point when choosing a new navigator. Please don't neglect it by limiting its ability to scale. Doing so unfortunately yields an inferior appearance when compared to competition. Please take the time necessary to support and enhance the app's function in the cockpit. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic