Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

IFD Knob Map Range setting - CW or CCW

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Aerochip View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aerochip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IFD Knob Map Range setting - CW or CCW
    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 at 3:51pm
Tomato - Tomaato.  They should turn the same direction...Please include as a user option in the future, it really makes no sense to be opposite.  
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2020 at 10:25pm
It's the difference between "range" (EX5000) and "zoom" (IFD).
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
Aerochip View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aerochip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2020 at 8:28pm
It is also opposite of the Avidyne EX5000 MFD, which really doesn’t make any sense...
JohnAJohnson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnAJohnson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2020 at 1:23pm
Thanks Steve, must have been some other piece of avionics.

Edit: Yep, it was the Dynon Skyview that had that capability.  Now the PFD and IFD work the same :)

Edited by JohnAJohnson - 05 Nov 2020 at 8:12pm
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2020 at 7:36am
There is no setting to change that.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
JohnAJohnson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnAJohnson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2020 at 7:04am
IFD540 running 10.2.4.1

I remember reading it but can't find it now.  Searches come up empty in the User and Install manuals, in this forum, and the internet at large.

I would like to change the Map's zoom direction when twisting the lower right knob.  My car's map and the aircraft's PFD both zoom in when twisting CCW, and the default for my IFD540 seems to be the opposite.

I'd appreciate it if someone could point me toward the procedure/setting to change this.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic