Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Track logs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jmfmem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Track logs
    Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 8:41am
Jmfmem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jmfmem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 8:54am
Hello, Does anyone know how to download track logs or flight logs from the IFDs?
And if you download the logs how do you look at the tracks, etc?
Thanks.. I am trying to reconstruct flight logs.
John Freeman
Memphis, TN
ac11 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 1:29pm
Here is a copy of my post from Jan 2017:

I enjoy being able to review a flight in Google Earth. I wanted a way to do that without having to activate tracking on my portable GPS. Therefore, I wrote this python script to pull the data from the flight log (and the system log, due to Avidyne not putting the GPS altitude in the flight log). It appears I cannot attach these files to the forum, so I've made them available via DropBox if you are interested.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/twyenjrjvhjya21/AACT8YrCX0orXGJDHVwS4Laka?dl=0

If you are comfortable running a python script, you are welcome to them. Copy down both files, and run ifd_fl_to_kml.py -h to see the documentation. The end result is a kml file per flight that you can open in Google Earth to see a 3-D image of your flight path.

Jeff
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic