Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

IFD simulator

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpostmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IFD simulator
    Posted: 24 Dec 2020 at 9:21am
My simulator has never switched to OBS setting.
It will go from GPS to VLOC, but that doesn't allow 
intercepting a radial such as on p103 of MB's book.
Any tips?
Bob
dmtidler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmtidler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2020 at 11:56am
Originally posted by rpostmo rpostmo wrote:

My simulator has never switched to OBS setting.
It will go from GPS to VLOC, but that doesn't allow 
intercepting a radial such as on p103 of MB's book.
Any tips?
Bob
Are you asking about the PC based and somewhat outdated Avidyne IFD Simulator or the current iPad based Avidyne IFD Trainer?

I still have the most recent version of the PC based Avidyne IFD Simulator and it is able to access and exit OBS Mode by hovering the mouse pointer over the displayed CDI Nav Source Knob until the icon changes to a pointing hand symbol and then left-clicking the mouse or touchpad. 

For the iPad based Avidyne IFD Trainer, it is able to access and exit OBS Mode by tapping a finger directly on the displayed CDI Nav Source Knob.

Keep in mind that OBS Mode is a GPS navigation function. GPS (in green) has to be the active navigation mode to access OBS Mode; otherwise pushing (or simulated pushing in this case) the CDI Nav Source Knob does not do anything. Additionally, the PG points out that OBS Mode cannot be accessed inside the FAF on a published approach.  

Edited by dmtidler - 24 Dec 2020 at 11:57am
rpostmo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpostmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2020 at 4:10pm
Got it. Thanks.   I'm using the ipad trainer and having it in GPS mode in the green
made it happen.  Third time through MB's  excellent book and I decided I couldn't gloss
over it any more.  I appreciate the help.
Bob
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic