Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

IFD440 splash screen freeze

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meatball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IFD440 splash screen freeze
    Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 10:37pm
Hello to the brain trust!

I picked up my Cessna 210 today from Interior shop and the IFD440 froze at the splash screen on start up. The 540 works just fine. I pulled the breaker and reset, and also did a hard reset using the power button to no avail. I inserted a USB stick and restarted the unit to see if it would go into maintenance mode and it did just fine. However, upon restart, it stuck at the splash screen once again.

Bear in mind, this is a top to bottom new interior (panel was not touched) complete with headliner. Would some thing the interior shop have done caused the unit to freeze in this state? any ideas? Where can I look to start this troubleshooting?

Edited by meatball - 12 Jan 2021 at 10:39pm
P35Pilot View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P35Pilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2021 at 12:32am
I am having the same issue.  Did you ever resolve it?

Thanks,
Yoram
meatball View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meatball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2021 at 12:56pm
had to return to Avidyne and they sent another in its place. It was under warranty at the timeā€¦
P35Pilot View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P35Pilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2021 at 2:20pm
Thanks for the reply.  I am sending download files now but looks like mine will go back too.  Also under warranty.

Thanks,
Yoram
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic