Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Not getting the Glidepath indicator on my HSI

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bcarlowise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Not getting the Glidepath indicator on my HSI
    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 11:37am
I have an IFD440 installed in my Mooney. I have a Sandel SN3500 HSI and Stec60-2 Autopilot. I had the IFD440 installed late last summer. I am currently working on my Instrument rating and while flying practice approaches last night with my CFII, we noticed that we get the glideslope indicator on the HSI when flying an ILS approach but when flying an LPV approach we do not get the glidepath indicator on the HSI. My previous navigator was a GNS430 (non-WAAS) so I had to have a WAAS antenna installed.

Any idea on why I am missing the glidepath indicator on the HSI when flying a RNAV approach with vertical guidance? Is it a wiring issue or possibly a config issue in the IFD settings? I've already let my avionics shop know about the issue so it will be going in the shop in a few weeks to have it addressed but I'd like to know what to look for ahead of time. If it's a config issue, then I can address that easily enough but if it's a wiring issue then the avionics shop will need to address that. I've download teh IFD Installation manual that describes the various ARINC settings in the IFD config so I am planning on taking a look at those settings this afternoon.
DH82FLYER View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote DH82FLYER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 7:40pm
Check that the Advisory Glideslope is ON in “User Options” in “Aux”-“Setup”.

Edited by DH82FLYER - 03 Mar 2021 at 7:42pm
Cruiser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cruiser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 4:41pm
also check that the Labels are "enabled" in the config page of the Avidyne. (ARINC 429 page)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic