Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Changing user preset name

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gremlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Changing user preset name
    Posted: 19 Jul 2021 at 12:31pm
I changed the preset name for one pilot on my IFD440 to my name and it worked but it went away after a chart update (I suspect since I used the same key on both screen it backed up from one screen and re-loaded to the other)

Next time I set it all up I tried to rename from User-1 and it sort of worked, but didn't reflect it on the display and I ended up with repeated values "Foofoofo"instead of "Foo" and now no matter what I do I only seem to be able to add to the name, not remove or replace it. Has anyone run into this?

gremlin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gremlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2021 at 1:17pm
I should note that I just tried this in the simulator app and the behaviour is different from that which I observed on the IFD in the plane. In the sim clicking on the user name, or pressing 'enter' on it brings up the keyboard with the current name in place, where as doing it in the plane the keyboard is blank. Using the BT keyboard doesn't seem to make a difference
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic