Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

IFD5XXX IFD4XX (FPL TAB) V10.3.x.x

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DenisM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IFD5XXX IFD4XX (FPL TAB) V10.3.x.x
    Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 9:11am

AviSteve,

I am currently using an IFD 540 Nav/Com as my primary navigation tool while working on my IFR rating this year.  I use the FMS/FPL tab (Example 1) view during my approaches knowing the minimums and direct track. However, there is one additional item I like to see displayed, is the distance (NM) to each waypoint.  This would be very helpful knowing how long before my next fix in order to take any action. 

I know this information is already being captured and being displayed on the MAP’s (Example 2) tab but that would mean I would have to flip flop between both screens and that would not be a good idea in a single pilot IFR environment.  

Let me know your thoughts.

Cessna 172XP R172K KLOU
Avidyne IFD-540 rev 10.3
DenisM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DenisM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 9:37am
Cessna 172XP R172K KLOU
Avidyne IFD-540 rev 10.3
DenisM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DenisM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 9:47am
Cessna 172XP R172K KLOU
Avidyne IFD-540 rev 10.3
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 9:54am
There is no option to show cumulative distance on the flight plan legs (FPL page).  A feature request already exists for that, but it just hasn't made the cut thus far.  It's been on the list for a while and it would be a nice feature.  I'll make a note and see if we can bump up the priority.

However, as you can tell, there's very limited room on the legs in the split MAP-FPL view.  I suspect that any changes would affect only the full FPL page view.

Edited by AviSteve - 23 Sep 2021 at 10:04am
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 10:37am
One option to get you closer to what you want would be to use the "To Waypoint Information" and "Next Waypoint Information" datablocks.  Then you could stay on the Map page while monitoring the distance to active and next waypoints.  In the screenshot below, those datablocks are shown as the top two datablocks on the right.

Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
DenisM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DenisM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 11:11am
Yes, I added these options to the datablock in the trainer software and even tried using a multiple "Next Waypoint" entries but it wouldn't look ahead at the third waypoint.  Yeah, it's close to what I'm requesting so I'll give it a try fly in the real world.

Also, I have been using my Garmin 430 with the same flight plan approach procedure that happens to display the NM in each waypoint as my workaround.  It's having to add the same procedures in 2 navigation difference units.  
Cessna 172XP R172K KLOU
Avidyne IFD-540 rev 10.3
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic