Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD100 Mobile App
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Traffic on the IFD440 but none on the IFD100

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kentucky Captain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Traffic on the IFD440 but none on the IFD100
    Posted: 08 Nov 2021 at 12:59am
Just started playing with the IFD100 app.  My plane has an IFD540 with dual Aspens so I've never really needed the IFD100 but my daughter just bought a Cherokee 235 with an IFD440 and steam gauges.  Looking to do dual Aspens there too but for now trying to figure out the iFD100.  We were flying today and saw traffic on the IFD440 and Foreflight but never saw it on the IFD100 app.  The configuration is:

IFD440
STEC55X
GTX 330ES
GDL88
JPI EDM900

All other functions of the IFD100 seemed to work fine.  We couldn't tell about ADS-B weather.  It was another beautiful day for flying here.  Anyone have a solution to our issue?  I did note tonight, after watching a video about configuration that I did have the IFD100 app mis-configured to be a IFD550 instead of the IFD440.  Wifi ADS-B support was also off but I understand that is only used if your source is via wifi.
Woo Hoo!!!
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2021 at 9:21am
With your configuration, you should be seeing traffic from the GDL88 on the IFD100.  Any chance you had an active "Config Modified" message on the IFD100?  If that's the case, a hard restart of the IFD100 is required.  Try again on the next flight and if it doesn't show up, we can take a look.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic