Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Xplane Trainer aircraft models

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Xplane Trainer aircraft models
    Posted: 15 Nov 2021 at 10:50am
We've done most of our xplane trainer development using the 172SP model that comes with xplane.  However, we realize that there are a number of you that use different aircraft models.  Based on forum feedback, it's clear that not all of the models integrate with the trainer as nicely as the 172.

So, if you're having problems integrating functions from the IFD trainer with your aircraft model (e.g. xplane won't fly the flight plan in the trainer, respond to trainer radio tuning, etc.), please reply to this post.  Be sure to include the aircraft model that you're using and the developer of the model, along with the specific issue(s) you have encountered.

I can't promise that we'll fix every single one that gets posted back.  But, we'll do our best to address as many as we can.  If we notice that several of you are using the same model and having the same issue, we'll be more likely to look at those first.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
pchetham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pchetham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 10:56am
This is awesome!! Thank you for developing this Apple App to integrate the IFD simulator into X-Plane. I am using the Carenado F33 Bonanza  F33A BONANZA XPLANE 11 – Carenado

It is not a "stock" airplane to the X-Plane simulator but it is pretty close to what I fly - except for the Avionics of course. It kind of follows the flight plan but it doesn't seem to respond to VLOC approaches and It doesn't look like it responds to radio tuning.

If it would be possible to take a look at this it would be great, but if you are limiting your efforts to stock X-Plane aircraft I understand.
PMC
doog View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 11:31am
I like to fly the KingAir C90.

AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 11:47am
Originally posted by doog doog wrote:

I like to fly the KingAir C90.
Who doesn't?  But the real question is whether you're able to get your xplane model to work with the IFD xplane trainer :)
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
Kenny Rounds View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenny Rounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2021 at 6:40pm
Hi Steve,

Thank you so much to your team for this.

I am using the Torque Sim Cirrus Sr22 Entegra for XPlane. I would love this to work with the IFD Trainer since I fly a Cirrus SR22 and dual IFD 440's now.

https://torquesim.com/sr22a/index.html

rfriend View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rfriend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 9:19pm
My x-plane aircraft is the Torque Sim Entegra DFC90 version SR22 na. (same as my real aircraft with an IFD 440 Integra system) In the sim my experience flying using GPSS as suggested in order for procedure turns and holds to work properly (not NAV as trained in the real aircraft for fewest and safest buttonology where the turns and holds do work properly) is a little mixed. I have found during gps approaches when I need to arm the approach at the IA, often some serious wandering can occur so as soon as the Glide slope is intercepted and becomes active I need to switch back to GPSS mode to have a stable approach. Of course this is not how the actual unit works. It would be nice if your code could keep us in nav and  nav /approach mode  throughout the entire flight (with procedure turns and hold operation properly as they do in the real aircraft, and no need for switching. (it is counter to real world training and could introduce a weak muscle memory reaction under real world pressure.)    I assume it must be very difficult to accomplish and laminar may not be open to sharing data that you need.    Another issue  changing from atis  frequency  prior to the approach the flip/flop frequency button malfunctions and freezes.  A relaunch of  the XP trainer app is required  to clear the issue.     I find the app very useful and really appreciate the teams hard work.  Thank you.

Edited by rfriend - 24 Nov 2021 at 10:21am
Speedbird1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedbird1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 9:14am
I too am using the F33A Bonanza X-Plane 11 made by Carenado.  Thanks!
mwaustin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mwaustin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2022 at 9:57pm
I also use the TorqueSim Entegra SR22 DFC90 - as it most closely mirrors my real plane.

In my case, the IFD simulator seems to fight with the GNS430s that are part of the "standard" TorqueSim Entegra SR22 panel - as the PFD display switches back and forth rapidly between different values.  And the plane's DFC90 autopilot will not follow the IFD flight plan - whereas the autopilot will follow anything I enter into the GNS430s.

I pulled the circuit breakers for the "built-in" GNS430s (the TorqueSim SR22 breakers "work") - and the GNS430s go dark - but they (or something else) still seems to interfere with the IFD guidance commands - as no matter what I try, the autopilot will not follow the IFD flight plan.

It's a shame I can't get this to work, as being able to practice with the IFD540 would be awesome!

ricardo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ricardo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2022 at 11:58pm
I am using the C172 that comes with xplane -- and using the G5 instruments from x-aviation

https://www.x-aviation.com/catalog/product_info.php/rsg-instruments-p-163

The IFD XP Trainer doesn't drive the G5 HSI correctly in GPS mode - (in VLOC mode it does drive it properly) .. if you could fix that, the simulation would be much better.

thanks!!
vancinad View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vancinad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2022 at 7:10am
I've been having a problem controlling the radios. I'm using the stock 172. I find that when I try to set a frequency using the trainer app or IFD100 it quickly resets to the previous frequency. If I use the (inferior G-thing navigator)'s knobs in X-Plane it seems to work.

ricardo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ricardo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2022 at 11:38am
Originally posted by ricardo ricardo wrote:

I am using the C172 that comes with xplane -- and using the G5 instruments from x-aviation

https://www.x-aviation.com/catalog/product_info.php/rsg-instruments-p-163

The IFD XP Trainer doesn't drive the G5 HSI correctly in GPS mode - (in VLOC mode it does drive it properly) .. if you could fix that, the simulation would be much better.

thanks!!

I figured out that the HSI is being properly driven .. (the pink needles) .. except that  the course is not being set to the desired track by the IFDXP app .. 

that is simple to work around by just setting the course manually for each leg so that the HSI looks right.  (i set a knob on my honeycomb quadrant to do that!) .. 

so i think for me this is pretty good. -- i'm just flying the C172 .. since it matches the performance of  my real airplane.
vas4avidyne View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vas4avidyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2022 at 12:44am
RV-10 by Digital Replica: https://store.x-plane.org/VANS-RV-10_p_1156.html

Thanks.
timmpreusser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timmpreusser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 12:56pm
I also use the TorqueSim Entegra SR22 DFC90, like previous poster mwaustin.

I have exactly the same problem: the IFD simulator seems to fight with the GNS430s that are part of the "standard" TorqueSim Entegra SR22 panel,  and the plane's DFC90 autopilot will not follow the IFD flight plan. If I use a standard X-Plane C172 instead of the TorqueSim SR22, all works well, though. So there is a mismatch between the IFD simulator and the TorqueSim Entegra software. 

It's a shame we can't get this to work, as being able to practice with the IFD440 would be awesome!
Timm Preusser N747TG
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic