Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

IFD Trainer XP -- Connection Issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vancinad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IFD Trainer XP -- Connection Issues
    Posted: 02 Jan 2022 at 7:19pm
Spent some time with the app flying flight plans and approaches yesterday. Worked great! Today the app couldn't seem to see X-Plane and never connected. Both on the same network with 192.168.1.x addresses. Air Manager and my Android ESB (Avare) were interacting with X-Plane just fine. How does one diagnose/troubleshoot this? I rebooted all equipment, and even reinstalled the Trainer app. Anyone got any suggestions?
AviLance View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviLance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2022 at 9:34am
Check to make sure that you have "Broadcast to all mapping apps on the network" selected in the Xplane settings. That can be found under Network->iPHONE,iPAD, and EXTERNAL APPS->OTHER MAPPING APPS.
vancinad View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vancinad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2022 at 10:07pm
That was on, same as before.

It's weird. I'm still experimenting, but it seems like I have to cycle these toggles to get data flowing. Something's flaky...
hmanvel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hmanvel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2022 at 5:29pm
did you ever figure this out?  I’m having the same problem.  Works, then doesn’t next time I try.  Using two iPad minis, one using Foreflight.  The Foreflight connects immediately, not the Avidyne X-Plane app.
Harry Manvel
Defiant N2HM
KPTK-Pontiac, MI
vancinad View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vancinad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2022 at 2:44pm
I don't know if I've "figured it out", but it's been better lately. I have a mesh wifi network in my home, and I've seen mention of possible issues with those -- presumably when devices are connected to different nodes in the mesh.

Based on this, I've taken to turning wifi off and then on again when I'm in position at the sim. My theory is that if both devices have to reconnect to the network, they're both going to grab same, closest mesh node.

So... try cycling your devices' wifi. Might help. 
hmanvel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hmanvel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2022 at 3:31pm
Interesting!  I'm on a mesh network also, I'll switch to the main network and see what happens.  Thanks.
Harry Manvel
Defiant N2HM
KPTK-Pontiac, MI
hmanvel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hmanvel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2022 at 4:20pm
Well that worked switching to my non-mesh network!  But I'm wondering why the Avidyne flight plan doesnt sync to the xplane.  I tried the G1000 skyhawk and the cirrus jet, neither get the route.  They DO sync radio frequencies and the GPS position is accurate in both Foreflight and Avidyne trainer.  Maybe the route is not supposed to sync, that would be disappointing.
Harry Manvel
Defiant N2HM
KPTK-Pontiac, MI
vancinad View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vancinad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2022 at 7:48am
Routes do not sync. It's not at bug, it's a feature. ;-)

Good to hear you got the link established! Thanks for reporting back!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic