Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > TAS600 Systems and ADS-B
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Upgrade Tas600

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warrenwhis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Upgrade Tas600
    Posted: 20 Mar 2022 at 8:35pm
 I have had problems with my Ryan 9900BX seeing traffic on my Avidyne IFD540. After much wrangling, including tech support with Avidyne, they say it needs the latest mod. Well that runs about $4k. It involves going thru a dealer, but they cant do it. They have to send it to Avidyne to get it done. So I thought I would save some time and money and buy a unit that already had the mods done on it. It appears the mod is an 8. My unit only had a 4. But when I installed it, the error message on startup with the Avidyne IFD540 was “no traffic”. Does the IFD540 have to be reconfigure with each unit?
Warrenwhis View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warrenwhis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2023 at 11:56am
Update to the problems mentioned above.  I decided to add the traffic thumbnail to my display and to my surprise the thumbnail displays the traffic, but the MFD does not most of the time.  I had a plane fly directly overhead at 2k ft and the avidyne map never showed it.

AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2023 at 10:01am
You said that the Avidyne map never showed the traffic.  If you're talking about the IFD map, then perhaps you just have the "Non-TA Traffic" layer turned off.  Go to the setup page under the Map category to check that.

But you also mentioned the "MFD", so I wasn't sure if you meant a separate MFD such as the EX5000.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warrenwhis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2023 at 10:05am
thank you Steve, I was using the term MFD to refer to the IFD540 display.  
I will try checking for the non TA layer option when I fly on Friday
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warrenwhis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2023 at 10:50am
enabling the non TA button helped show the traffic on the IFD540 as well as the thumbnail.  However the traffic continues to be intermittent.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic