Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Next and Final Waypoint Distance on Screen

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnAJohnson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Next and Final Waypoint Distance on Screen
    Posted: 30 Apr 2022 at 9:21am
I have a datablock that displays distance to next, and I'd also like to display distance to the destination on the same screen.  I was flying an approach a few days ago and tower asked me to report at 3 miles.  The datablock showed me the next waypoint but not the distance to the runway, so I had to look elsewhere for it.  I know the approach plate would show what I need to do the math, but It would be nice to be able to see this number without touching anything.  Any suggestions on how to display next and final on the same screen?
rpostmo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpostmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2022 at 9:37am
Which radio?  On the 540/550, the screen is easily large enough to have distance to destination set up as one of the datablocks on the R side of the screen.  Note that you need to be on the map page, not the FMS page.
Bob
JohnAJohnson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnAJohnson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2022 at 10:16am
Originally posted by rpostmo rpostmo wrote:

Which radio?
Bob

Thanks Bob.  It's a 540.  I'd rather not use the right datablocks, but I've got it configured to work that way if I need it.  It would be nice to have a one liner Kxxx nnnNM that could be placed either along the top, or on the left, above the top LSK.
FlyingCOham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlyingCOham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2022 at 12:52pm
Datablocks on Map page are easy to show/hide.  I keep NEXT & DEST as the top two blocks.  If you don't like that approach on the panel, suggest running the datablocks on the IFD100 app.
Jim Patton
JohnAJohnson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnAJohnson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2022 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by FlyingCOham FlyingCOham wrote:

suggest running the datablocks on the IFD100 app

Perfect.  Done.  Thanks Jim
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic