Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > SkyTrax Series ADS-B Receivers & Transceivers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Skytrax200 Issue - ghost traffic

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ansond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Skytrax200 Issue - ghost traffic
    Posted: 05 Jun 2022 at 12:59pm
Hi:

I have a Skytrax200 installed into my Cirrus SR20. My EX5000C has an ARINC429 connection from the Skytrax200 to receive ADS-B traffic.  My EX5000C is running 8.2.2.  I also have an IFD400 connected to the Skytrax200 via a RS232 connection.

While I never see ghost traffic on my IFD440, I do occasionally see ghost targets on my MFD... typically when I am flying out in more sparse areas and, for some reason, the ghosts seem to appear when I am in a bank/turn....

Its easy to identify the ghosts though since they never appear on the IFD... ever.   Has anyone else seen this behavior with their Skytrax200 and EX5000C MFD/8.2.2?  

Thanks!!

Doug
N208LG
billafry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billafry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2024 at 2:05pm
I also have a Skytrax 200 (upgraded from the MLB 100).  I have a IFD 540 and a EX500.  Traffic displays just fine on my IFD 540.  However on my EX 500 I have ghost traffic.  MY EX500 has the upgraded software from Duncan.  I have been fighting this issue for over a year.  My radio shop has checked and rechecked the wiring.  It is going back to the radio shop this month and will stay there till it is figured out.  This has been a costly challenge for both of us.  I have posted on Avidyne form before and on Beech Talk.  Duncan has been real good in trying to figure out, I even sent it back and they re-flashed the software.  I have had as many as 8 different targets on the EX500 screen that are not there.  Hopefully Avidyne will work with my Avionics shop and get this figured out shortly.    
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2024 at 6:14pm
If your avionics shop contacts Avidyne tech support, they will be glad to help.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic