Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

10.3 Upgrade Issues

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rainer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2022 at 5:19pm
I will see how it will goes……
pburger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pburger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2022 at 9:21am
I thought it was supposed to be $1200??
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2022 at 11:28am
It is US$1200 in the docs.

* Orest
jselvatici View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jselvatici Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2022 at 3:53pm
Hi folks.
Not sure if was covered or mentioned here already. But I noticed other than the frequency being reverting back to default frequencies, I noticed the brightness also reverts back to full bright.
Noticed that because I did a night flight and dimmed the unit, then power the plane back up to return same night and the unit lit up full bright!
Just leaving the comment here to see if others are seeing the same on this particular point.
Thank you.
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2022 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by jselvatici jselvatici wrote:

Hi folks.
Not sure if was covered or mentioned here already. But I noticed other than the frequency being reverting back to default frequencies, I noticed the brightness also reverts back to full bright.
Noticed that because I did a night flight and dimmed the unit, then power the plane back up to return same night and the unit lit up full bright!
Just leaving the comment here to see if others are seeing the same on this particular point.
Thank you.
There have been cases where an IFD was returned because the brightness was so low that someone thought their display was dead.  So it comes up full bright if you're in manual brightness mode.  We have some pending changes, post 10.3, that will adjust the way that the IFD manual brightness works, including powering up at a minimum of 20% rather than full bright.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
doog View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2022 at 9:22pm
Loving the upgrade but bumming on the frequency bug.  Getting to be a PITA.  Is there any word on an ETA for a fix?
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2022 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by doog doog wrote:

Loving the upgrade but bumming on the frequency bug.  Getting to be a PITA.  Is there any word on an ETA for a fix?
No ETA for a release at this point.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
jselvatici View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jselvatici Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2022 at 8:54am
Thanks Steve for the explanation. It totally makes sense now, and I had this situation before. Flying at night, powering off the system and the next day flight, the screen was very hard to see and reach the menu to increase the brightness. Good catch. 
Dallas90 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dallas90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2022 at 10:54pm
I would like sharing my experience with anyone thinking of moving to 10.3.
I plan to go back to 10.2 ASAP on two IFD 440s (that I was previously very happy with). The "upgrade" has been an unsatisfactory experience. I've had the following problems (most of them previously mentioned).

-FLTA warnings
-GPS integrity loss on the number 2 unit
-Bezel brightness issues
-Display brightness issues
-Datalink receiver fault
-Frequency not retained after shutdown
-No MSG alert on my PFD for anything but yellow alerts. This is a "feature" of 10.3. At the very least this should be customisable. 

Of course your experience and preferences will vary, but my I'm VERY unhappy with 10.3 and would recommend you wait this one out. The negatives far outweigh the positives.

n144sh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n144sh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2022 at 7:06am
Originally posted by Dallas90 Dallas90 wrote:

I would like sharing my experience with anyone thinking of moving to 10.3.
I plan to go back to 10.2 ASAP on two IFD 440s (that I was previously very happy with). The "upgrade" has been an unsatisfactory experience. I've had the following problems (most of them previously mentioned).

-FLTA warnings
-GPS integrity loss on the number 2 unit
-Bezel brightness issues
-Display brightness issues
-Datalink receiver fault
-Frequency not retained after shutdown
-No MSG alert on my PFD for anything but yellow alerts. This is a "feature" of 10.3. At the very least this should be customisable. 

Of course your experience and preferences will vary, but my I'm VERY unhappy with 10.3 and would recommend you wait this one out. The negatives far outweigh the positives.

Can you give more details on the GPS integrity loss you have seen?  The other issues are annoying but the GPS loss is much more serious in my view.

Thanks
Dallas90 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dallas90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2022 at 10:51am
You are correct that it is a more serious fault. So far it has only occurred in one unit at a time and most often in the middle of an RNAV approach. When it occurs on approach It is accompanied by the "LPV not available" message.
We (my wife is a pilot also) have been using it as reference info only and have been in VFR conditions so far. But clearly having your minimums change in the middle of an approach or losing all GPS on an RNAV approach would be less than desirable.

UPDATE>>> I touched base with Avidyne to see if there are any known issues with reverting back to 10.2.6.1. They have told me that certain units may not be able to revert. 
I don't say this lightly as I have really enjoyed my Avidyne equipment and of course this could cost thousands, but I will NOT be keeping two IFD's with 10.3. Either there will be a path back to 10.2 or I will be removing the 440's and replacing them with something from Garmin. 10.3 has essentially removed the reliability (and some desirable features) from the 440's.
doog View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2022 at 3:08am
I have two IFDs and haven't seen any GPS integrity issues with the 10.3 upgrade.  It doesn't sound like a software issue to me, more likely an antennae issue.  When it happens I'd suggest going to the GPS status page and checking the signal.  
Dallas90 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dallas90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2022 at 1:43pm
I have considered that, but the same installation has had Garmin 430W's and IFD 440's under 10.2.6 with no issues. Could be a new problem, but with any luck I should be back to 10.2 next Wednesday and I'll report the results.
As for troubleshooting, it is occurring on approach, so even in VFR conditions with me being the PM, I'm not going to troubleshoot it until we are taxiing and it usually has cleared by then. 
I would strongly suggest that others follow the same policy.

oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2022 at 6:16pm
Dallas90,

Was your IFD removed from the panel, when it was upgraded?

* Orest
Dallas90 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dallas90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2022 at 6:48pm
I'm pretty sure it was removed, it was done by an avionics shop if that's what you're asking. It was done in the first week of September.
rjevansuk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rjevansuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2022 at 5:48am
Hi 
Yesterday we had a problem exiting the hold. We flew a procedural approach at EGMC (Southend) with a hold. After the second hold, we were cleared for the approach and report beacon outbound. we could not find the exit hold LSK! we had to activate the next way point in the plan to leave the hold.
When we landed, I tried it on the IFD trainer app and I could not get the exit hold LSK at all.
Has anyone else had problems exiting the hold?
Victor View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2022 at 11:34am
You’ll find the Exit Hold on the bottom left of the FMS page.
rjevansuk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rjevansuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2022 at 12:40pm

Ok here are 2 images from the trainer. The top picture is the map screen. the bottom is from the FPL. you can see the hold is active. I have loaded the ILS procedure for EGTK ILS19. 
Where is the exit hold button?
rjevansuk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rjevansuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2022 at 12:56pm

The only way I can leave the hold is to go to the next step in the flight plan
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2022 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by Dallas90 Dallas90 wrote:

I'm pretty sure it was removed, it was done by an avionics shop if that's what you're asking. It was done in the first week of September.

Therein may be a solution.

Some of the original Garmin trays can be a little finicky with fit, and can intermittently and incompletely connect the antenna in particular to an IFD, leading to difficult to explain decreased radio performance. IOW, the unit may have been happy initially, but then when it was removed, inserted and reseated, it may not be. And, this tendency may not occur when seating a GNS with worn in connectors, further confusing the situation.

If this was a new Avidyne supplied tray, then much less likely to be an issue, but still something to check.

* Orest

Edited by oskrypuch - 23 Oct 2022 at 2:08pm
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2022 at 2:36pm
So a strange twist to the frequency bug (at least in my case) is that it seems to be gone for no known reason. It had affected my top box only but recently I noticed the top box WAS holding the frequencies over shutdowns. In addition, my bottom box which was not affected did start up ONCE with strange frequencies in it but that happened only once. Over my past several flights, both boxes seem to be acting normally now. Strange.
Victor View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2022 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by rjevansuk rjevansuk wrote:

Ok here are 2 images from the trainer. The top picture is the map screen. the bottom is from the FPL. you can see the hold is active. I have loaded the ILS procedure for EGTK ILS19. 
Where is the exit hold button?

The images of the holding pattern tracks are a full magenta colour rather than displaying a magenta and white track. I have not seen this before associated with a holding pattern and I am sure therein lies your problem.

As I am in Australia, I cannot emulate your flight plan as I don’t have the same database, however I created a flight plan on my trainer with a holding pattern at the IAF associated with an Australian data base ILS approach and all displayed correctly with the 'Delete Hold' appearing on track before I entered the hold and 'Exit Hold' after entering the hold.

Attached is part of the image after I entered the hold. Yours should look similar to this after hold entry. Note the ‘Exit Hold’ on the bottom left.

Perhaps AviSteve or someone else can chime in and comment as to why your holding pattern tracks are fully magenta.

Edited by Victor - 24 Oct 2022 at 4:00am
pburger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pburger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2022 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by teeth6 teeth6 wrote:

So a strange twist to the frequency bug (at least in my case) is that it seems to be gone for no known reason. It had affected my top box only but recently I noticed the top box WAS holding the frequencies over shutdowns. In addition, my bottom box which was not affected did start up ONCE with strange frequencies in it but that happened only once. Over my past several flights, both boxes seem to be acting normally now. Strange.

A problem that fixes itself?!!  That is the worst kind of problem!!🤦‍♂️😮

I wonder if Avidyne has found the problem and has a solution?  Have they said?  Will they say?  By now, I would think they know what the problem is and how to fix it.  I assume they're working on fixes for all the problems.  Hopefully they'll put an update out before the end of the year.🙄🙏
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2022 at 11:29am
Originally posted by pburger pburger wrote:

A problem that fixes itself?!!  That is the worst kind of problem!!🤦‍♂️😮
That's for sure...

Originally posted by pburger pburger wrote:

I wonder if Avidyne has found the problem and has a solution?
We have identified the frequency bug and have a solution.  We don't know why it affects some IFDs and not others.  And we definitely don't know how @teeth6's IFD fixed itself...
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2022 at 11:32am
Originally posted by Victor Victor wrote:

The images of the holding pattern tracks are a full magenta colour rather than displaying a magenta and white track.
During the hold entry, the next  segment will be displayed using alternating white/magenta.  Once the entry is complete and the aircraft is holding, the entire pattern is displayed using magenta.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2022 at 11:39am

Hi 
Yesterday we had a problem exiting the hold. We flew a procedural approach at EGMC (Southend) with a hold. After the second hold, we were cleared for the approach and report beacon outbound. we could not find the exit hold LSK! we had to activate the next way point in the plan to leave the hold.
When we landed, I tried it on the IFD trainer app and I could not get the exit hold LSK at all.
You're right, the Exit Hold button should have appeared.  The error occurs when a hold immediately precedes an approach that starts at the same point as the hold.  The fix has been identified.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
rjevansuk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rjevansuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2022 at 12:00pm
Hi AviSteve,
That appears to be the problem. If I program the flight plan with the airfield, EGMC, the select procedure and select the 23 ILS Approach. The SND waypoint is included in the procedure, I can now select the SND waypoint and hold at SND and I can exit the hold. Exactly as expected.
But, we were instructed to fly to the SND, so we inserted the waypoint SND before EGMC. Then we selected the procedure, but could not exit the hold. I would expect this scenario to be fairly standard. You fly towards the airfield, check the ATIS, contact Approach and if instructed take up the hold. Exit the hold when the approach becomes free. then fly the procedure.

Roger
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2022 at 12:28pm
Back some twenty years ago, in a Virgin Atlantic A340, on its way back to Heathrow it was put into a hold (normal procedure at the four "corner" entry points on the STARs), and when instructed to leave the hold, they could not.

The "software" in the plane would not respond. No matter what they did, they could not leave the hold. And, on an Airbus, you cannot fully turn off the automatics. They were stuck looping around.

They called their maintenance dept., who called their engineering department, who then called Airbus at Toulouse. They developed a solution that involved pulling bulkheads and disabling/pulling some circuit boards. That forced a devolution to direct mode, and then they got hands-on control of the plane back.

Yes, it was a firmware bug. Bugs are everywhere.

Happily, not as big of a problem with the Avi!

* Orest

Edited by oskrypuch - 24 Oct 2022 at 12:36pm
FlyingCOham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote FlyingCOham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2022 at 6:54pm
"All working software/firmware is not thoroughly tested..."
Jim Patton
bradthepilot View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bradthepilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2022 at 8:43pm
Crossing restrictions also seem to be somewhat messed up in 10.3.

Given a crossing restriction of 17nm prior to KSGS at 3500, I entered into the flight plan:

But it put the crossing restriction 17nm away from KSGS way off of the entered flight plan - 17nm SE of KSGS.   I would have expected it to put the crossing restriction 17nm back from KSGS on the defined path instead. 

Brad Benson
RV-6A N164BL
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2022 at 9:05pm
As I understand this, a BEFORE crossing restriction always follows the reciprocal of the inbound course heading, not the LPATH. Because the segment leading to KSGS was less than 17nm, the crossing restriction was depicted off course. I don't think this differs from 10.2 to 10.3.

It would strike me as odd for ATC to provide a crossing restriction referencing a non linear path. Typically you would be on a DCT heading to the waypoint in question.

* Orest

Edited by oskrypuch - 24 Oct 2022 at 9:06pm
bradthepilot View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bradthepilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2022 at 10:52pm
Originally posted by oskrypuch oskrypuch wrote:

As I understand this, a BEFORE crossing restriction always follows the reciprocal of the inbound course heading, not the LPATH. Because the segment leading to KSGS was less than 17nm, the crossing restriction was depicted off course. I don't think this differs from 10.2 to 10.3.

It would strike me as odd for ATC to provide a crossing restriction referencing a non linear path. Typically you would be on a DCT heading to the waypoint in question.

* Orest

Yeah, it was kind of odd.   VFR flight following, with the restriction obviously meant to keep me out of / under the class B.  The work airplane (airline) FMS does it as expected, so I thought the IFD would as well.   Better / more clear documentation is probably the best approach.

Given my druthers, I'd prefer the datalink weather bug, the frequency thing, and the other issues identified and fixed before this one.   I'll admit - I've been an ardent IFD fan but this update is really trying my patience.   The downgrade back to 10.2 failed, so I'm stuck with 10.3 :-(
Brad Benson
RV-6A N164BL
C88atapult View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote C88atapult Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2022 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by edubes edubes wrote:

My TOD indicator is no longer agreeing with my VSR. It is much closer to the waypoint than it should be. Is there something in the settings I need to change? I like to start my decent when VSR goes to 500 fpm but it is much sooner than my TOD suggests.

Yes.  Another default setting change that was made but not documented anywhere I can see is the default TOD descent rate, which prior to 10.3 was 500 fpm.

"VNAV" (which apparently also means TOD rate now, even if you don't have Enroute VNAV enabled) defaults to a Descent ANGLE of 4 degrees, which produces a brisk and unpleasant drop of around 1200 fpm at cruise descent speed for me, if I wait around for the TOD marker.  There's a reason TERPS disallows straight in mins on a VDA greater than 4 degrees... Yak.

From normal flight mode (not maintenance) select AUX, rocker left to SETUP, scroll down to FMS, click the + to expand FMS, click the + on VNAV to expand, change Path Basis to Descent Rate and then Descent Rate to your desired fpm.

Dallas90 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dallas90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2022 at 10:49pm
Made the return to 10.2.6. Have only flown one 40 minute leg but it appears that everything is back to normal. Switch tanks reminder triggered the MSG alert on the PFD and there were no "FLTA Not avail" or "GPS integrity lost" messages. Keeping my fingers crossed that there are no residual effects from this little adventure. If any pop up I'll post them.
MikeS View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2022 at 10:31am

Hi 

Were you on the Map page or the FMS page with the hold as the active leg?
Mike Salmon
Technical Marketing Manager
Avidyne Corporation
Kentucky Captain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kentucky Captain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2022 at 11:24am
Just brought my daughter's Cherokee 235 back from the avionics shop and we have a few issues.  One of them is related to WiFI.

10.3 was installed on this trip.  The shop named the WIFI some goofy name.  We changed it to IFD N9104W and reset the password.  We made sure that WIFI was on.  The two iPads we were using could see and join the WIFI but the IFD never recoginzed the iPads and the yellow box with the IP addresses never popped up either.  We restarted the IFD several times after changing the WIFI name and still had no connection.  Any ideas?

We also have other issues but not sure where to start troubleshooting.  She has the IFD440, Aspen 2000 Max, STEC 55X, Garmin GTX330ES, and a GDL88.  We can not get any traffic to display on the Aspen MFD at all.  I have the same setup in my plane except for the IFD540 and Lynx NGT 9000+.  Mine works great.  It is really nice have a 2/3 window on the MFD showing traffic.
Woo Hoo!!!
paulr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2022 at 11:31am
I'm not in front of my airplane at the moment (which is sad, but I'll survive), but I wonder if you remembered to go into the IFD device settings list and change the iPad status to "allowed"? This is a new-in-10.3 step that I forgot the first couple of times I set up new devices. 

As for the Aspen: did she get traffic before the visit to the shop?
Dallas90 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dallas90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2022 at 11:52am
I never had that problem during the 6 weeks or so I had 10.3. It did seem to recognize my iPad the same as always, and continues to do so now that I'm back with 10.2.6.
Could it be on the iPad side of the equation? Under Settings>WiFi>Ask to join Networks>I have mine in <Off>. Could be an issue where it doesn't trigger the <ask> page on the iPad and just leaves you stuck. I've also seen network issues (for certain wifi routers) where a space in the WiFi name caused problems (specifically, kicking users off the network when the device or user asked to "renew lease").
JoeIBM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeIBM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2022 at 10:51pm
Curious - was the traffic getting to the Aspen(s) prior to the upgrade?  I have 10.2.6.1 and the same setup (Aspen 2000, GDL88, 330ES, 540) and traffic shows up on mine.
C310R at KJYO
DenisM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DenisM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2022 at 10:26pm
My the bezel and screen brightness always reverted back to FULL brightness after a power down on my IFD540 using 10.2 and/or 10.3.   I would think it should save the last setting(s) in my profile. 
Cessna 172XP R172K KLOU
Avidyne IFD-540 rev 10.3
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2022 at 10:34pm
I read that this was changed to avert the issue of having the brightness set so low, from a night flight, that it looks like the unit has failed, when in daylight. (actual occurrence, caused a maintenance cycle)

I also read, they were going to tweak that some more.

* Orest
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2022 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by DenisM DenisM wrote:

My the bezel and screen brightness always reverted back to FULL brightness after a power down on my IFD540 using 10.2 and/or 10.3.   I would think it should save the last setting(s) in my profile. 
Adding detail and accuracy to the earlier post on this subject...

The pending changes will cause the IFD to power up with the same brightness as it was when it was powered down, except that it will power up at a minimum of 20%.  So if you powered down at 20% or higher, that's what it will be when you power up.  If you powered down at anything less than 20%, it will power up at 20%.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
Sambo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sambo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2022 at 3:26pm
Hi so does putting in the preset comm list multiple frequencies help on powering up the comms for frequency 1& 2 get saved? I just updated yesterday and trying to fix this comm issue 

TIA
Shazam😎
Sambo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sambo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2022 at 3:37pm
Avi Steve, just updated to 10.3 on my 540. So far I found how to make wifi work on iPad for FF. Entered my Weights for Config in Maintanence mode. Is there a place to go to find out what all the user me needs to enter to make my new 10.3 upgrade work as I want initially rather than find out the hard way not knowing. 
Like now I’m trying to fix the comm frequencies issue when powered down then restarted back up not being my last frequencies. Is there a way to fix this Comm frequency issue myself. 
Please anything else I can fix these bugs now myself. Thanks in advance. 
Kevin 
Shazam😎
PA23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PA23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2022 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by Sambo Sambo wrote:

Avi Steve, just updated to 10.3 on my 540. So far I found how to make wifi work on iPad for FF. Entered my Weights for Config in Maintanence mode. Is there a place to go to find out what all the user me needs to enter to make my new 10.3 upgrade work as I want initially rather than find out the hard way not knowing. 
Like now I’m trying to fix the comm frequencies issue when powered down then restarted back up not being my last frequencies. Is there a way to fix this Comm frequency issue myself. 
Please anything else I can fix these bugs now myself. Thanks in advance. 
Kevin 

That is why they are called bugs, they aren't working as expected/planned and we must wait for Avidyne to release a bugfix release eg 10.3.0.3

See this post - http://forums.avidyne.com/10-3-known-issues-bugs-list_topic2426_post27975.html?KW=#27975
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2022 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by Sambo Sambo wrote:

... Is there a way to fix this Comm frequency issue myself. 
Please anything else I can fix these bugs now myself...
You can't fix that on your own.  Best advice until we can get a release out is to just tune the radio or use the recent frequencies.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
edubes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edubes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2022 at 2:08pm
Prior to 10.3 when I touch the standby frequency on com 1 the keyboard appeared on #2 below. Same with the remote transponder. Now the keyboard appears on GPS 1 which obscures my map. How can I make the keyboard appear on GPS 2 again?
edubes
Dallas90 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dallas90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2022 at 2:24pm
Did Keyboard convenience get turned off?
Sambo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sambo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2022 at 6:38pm
yes I hear another update soon to correct frequency issues on way. 
Shazam😎
Sambo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sambo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2022 at 6:43pm
ok I have a wired Lynx NGT fed to the IFD540. I select the IFD wifi as my hot spot. Under devices my iPad and cell phone are selected but I can’t get traffic through FF on either the cellphone nor iPad. But If I select the Lynx as my hotspot for wifi I can then get traffic on both iPad and cellphone. Before my 10.3 update my IFD540 always gave me traffic but I must need to do something to fix this but need your advice please. Thanks  
Shazam😎
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic